Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize message for extended notification

former_member361003
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using extended notification for some workflows to send notification to the user's email when there are some work items pending in their UWL. I want to customize these messages based on task type. Lets say for example one message for TS1000000034 and another message for TS100000005.

Let me re-iterate my requirement: How to customize messages in extended notification ?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by: Bijay Kumar on Oct 6, 2008 6:26 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bijay,

Use program RSWUWFML2 to send work item notifications to users email inbox.

In this program you can set a variant for different tasks and its corresponding messages. Maintain the messages in SE91 or if you want email content etc to be different, then use SE61.

Cheers,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bijay,

i have the same question, do you have a solution ?

Cheers

former_member361003
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thanks Charan and Satish. Both of your solution will work. However I am using extended notification which is kind of replacement of what Satish suggested.

I am still looking to way to customize message based on task type for extended notification.

Any further comments, suggestions, codes, ideas in line to extended notification is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bijay

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to send a message according to particular task, then you can write a message in a Task Description tab which is available in Task.

the description will be displayed in the extended notification mail.

Please check it.

Regards

SM Nizamudeen

former_member361003
Participant
0 Kudos

any thought on customizing the message in extended notifications per task type.

any help in this line is appreciated.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to create a custom class by copying this "CL_SWN_MESSAGE_STD" and there are methods where you need to write your own code. This custom one need to be maintained at Message Template in SWNCONFIG

former_member361003
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks. I will try this last approach.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you looking for a task based extended notification.

I would suggest you use a background program which is scheduled to look for the specific task number in a list of user inbox in a timed fashion.

When found send an email to the address with content depending on the task type.

I am not sure how hard or easy is the configuration for the same and also introducing task based content in the extended notifications.

Let me know

Thanks ,

Charan.

former_member361003
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

Which program should I use to run in background ? Is there handler that I can use based on task to format custom message. I did not get what you are trying to say. Could you clarify me?

Thanks.

Bijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I was talking about a custom Z program which has to be written to address your requirment.

The Zprogram reads the sap inbox and cheks for the specific task and then sends an email with a custom content according to the task type.

The inbox can be read from a table SWWUSERWI giving the user id and the task number ( the task you want to monitor )

There are many SAP email program that can be used along with this content

Thanks,

Charan.

former_member361003
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Charan. Actually I am implementing extended notifications for this. I believe SAP has developed extended notification for this kind of scenario. There has to be a way to enhance extened notification to send custom message per task using extended notification.

any help in this line is highly appreciated.