Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Single Sign-on with MS-ADS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have ERP 6.0 on OS/400. We are thinking to implement SSO functionality with existing Active Directory Service.In order to implement this functionality, do we need any third party security s/w?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Kris

3 REPLIES 3

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kris,

Yes, your assumption is correct.

The interface used by SAP GUI and the SAP softwasre on the server to invoke the third-party product is called SNC (Secure Network Communications).

In the case of SAP on Windows Servers, SAP provide SNC libraries which work with SAP GUI and SAP server software, but when SAP is on UNIX/Linux/OS400 etc. you need to invest in a third party product which will include SNC libraries as well as appropriate tools and assistance to get the solution working. There are a few available to select from and you can find details at http://www.sap.com/eapcatalog. Just search for SNC when you visit this page.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tim,

Thanks for your information. It is very helpful. Based on your information I assume that since our systems are on OS/400, we have to buy a third party s/w for SSO to get both SNC libraries and tools. If systems are on Windows environment, we don't need any third party s/w for SSO.

Thanks,

Kris

0 Kudos

Kris,

Yes, that's correct.

I beleive the solutions require i5/OS version 5 release 3 or later.

Thanks,

Tim