cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow responce of ABAP webdynpros in Internet explorer compared to firefox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone had any advice as to why certain functonality on ABAP web dynpros such as f4 help, re-populating dropdown list after user command etc runs really slow on internet explorer with delays of around 5-8 seconds but when runing the same code on firefox there is little or no delay. I am guessing it is somthing to do with the javascript that SAP generates to display the UI elements but was just wondering if there was any way of speeding this up as it is really frustrating for the user as it is!

Regards

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There can be slight rendering time differences between browsers becuase of different javascript and CSS optimizations and the performance of the browsers themselves. However 5-8 seconds seems like way too much time for a difference. It certainly shouldn't be taking that long at all.

Take a look at your process overview and see what is getting CPU time during this wait period. I have seem some companies that have Virus scanners that also inspect all JavaScript. This can significantly reduce performance. It might be that your virus scanner is only configured with a plug-in to Internet Explorer.

You might also consider the use of a 3rd party tool called HTTP Watch to better monitor what is happening within IE during this time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the info, I looked at the CPU usage and when you click on the f4 help button there is a hugh usage spike but doesnt seem to be down the virus checking, the functionality just seems to be cpu intensive. The pc'c being used are fairly high spec but unfortunately im not really in a possition to modify them anyway, these are the PC's they use and it needs run on them! Oh well thanks again I will keep looking into it and maybe re-write them as a second view rather than the popup window!

Also on a totally different subject is there a way to increase the size of the text, i.e. fior a UI elemt of type label you can set whether it is normal, emphisized etc but can you change the actual size of the text!

Regards

Mart

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

> fior a UI elemt of type label you can set whether it is normal, emphisized etc but can you change the actual size of the text!

Text size is controlled by the theme. You should use the portal theme editor or the standalone theme editor to customize the theme in order to adjust font sizes. Also WD respones to changes in the browsers' Text Size option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I access the theme editors? not got a portal so im guessing ill have to use the standalone one!

Regards

Mart

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The standalone eclipse theme editor is an unsupported tool offered by SAP for download via SDN. Search on SDN and you will find the installation as well a short tutorial on its use.