cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VS2005 C# .NET DeskI error: Member not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!

I made a service application in VS2005 C# .NET for BO XI R2 Enterprise, which collects a lot of information from the CMS, Universes, Reports etc. I have to open Desktop Intelligence reports with the busobj COM component (as far as I know it is the only way to get the universe object names from data providers).

The problem is that in my development enviroment everything works fine, but in the production environment the last release I made fails when it is trying to logon to CMS. It says:

Error: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80020003): Member not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020003 (DISP_E_MEMBERNOTFOUND))

at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)

at busobj.ApplicationClass.Logon(String User, String Pass, String CMS, String mode, Boolean ThreeTier, Boolean Offline)

The code is something like that:

DeskIApp = new busobj.Application();

DeskIApp.Logon("user", "password", "cmsname:port", "Enterprise", false, false);

The previous releases just worked fine, the only changes on the CMS server were that FixPack 2.2 and 2.5 was installed. I thought that maybe that would cause the problem, but I installed them on my development server and it still works fine.

Any help appreciated!

regards,

Zoli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The exception is at the COM-Interop layer of your .NET app invoking the Desktop Intelligence Reporter SDK.

It just can't find that method in that object.

Since you have a working and non-working deployment - currently at the same fixpack level - my recommendation would be to run [modules|https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006252802008E/modules.zip] to compare the DLL and exe library versions being loaded into memory by your app.

Another point of comparison would be reg key accesses - to compare key values and permissions - using [Process Monitor|http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx].

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying, but I'm confused... Unfortunately I cannot monitor the nonworking environment. You said that it can't find that method, but how can it be? The busobj.exe has no logon method? Or the interop.busobj.dll has no logon method which created by the VS2005 during the compiling? I've checked and it is the same busobj.exe version in the working and nonworking environment...

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

And to answer your questions, you'd have to investigate on the non-working machine.

If you can't then you're in a bind.

My assumption from your description is that this is environmental and not code specific.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I understand. Thanks for the informations.