cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loadercli -p: no module named _csv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon,

I'm having a problem on a Win2003 X64, with loadercli -p.

calling it on a cmd shell, I'm getting a "no module named _csv", followed by other messages, regarding the module sax.

I think that the problem is strictly related to the _csv module rather than the sax one. In the dependent program path/python2.3 I'm not finding such module.

I have tried copying a standard _csv.lib from a python 2.3.5 distribution, but this produces a "DLL load failed with error code 193". And this because python 2.3 exists only in 32bits.

Inspecting the installers for the 32 and 64 bits versions of maxdb, I can clearly see that the 64 bits version of sdbrdpy.tgz is missing the two files _csv.lib and _winreg.lib.

So, how can I fill a bug report/blueprint for MaxDB?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

steffen_schildberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ivo,

I'll check why these modules are not delivered and get back to you ASAP. So far I can only see that those are not delivered, but not yet why.

Sorry for the inconveniences and best regards,

Steffen

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I'm having a problem on a Win2003 X64, with loadercli -p.

What is the MaxDB version you're using?

What is the output of sdbverify ?

What does the output of the loadercli -p call exactly look like?

> So, how can I fill a bug report/blueprint for MaxDB?

You cannot - the developers can.

Please post the information I mentioned above.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lars, thanks a lot for your reply,

in the follow, all the informations you wanted.

You can reproduce this behavior on every 64 bits architecture.

MaxDB version: 7.6.03.15 (but also on the latest the files are not available, check if you like)

output of sdbverify:

an unexpected error occurred

(btw, I wouldn't like to spend my time to check why this happens. I am sure that the loadercli -p problem is due to the missing files. It is simply a python 'import' problem.)

output of loadercli -p

No module named _csv

['C:\\Program Files\\sdb\\programs\\lib\\python2.3\\sdb\\loader', 'C:\\Program F
iles\\sdb\\programs\\lib\\python2.3', 'C:\\Program Files\\sdb\\programs\\pgm\\py
thon2.3.zip', 'C:\\Program Files\\sdb\\programs\\pgm\\python23.zip', 'C:\\Docume
nts and Settings\\asadmin\\Desktop', 'C:\\Program Files\\sdb\\programs\\pgm']
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\sdb\programs\lib\python2.3\sdb\loader\transport.py", li
ne 2834, in ?
    class TransformationPackage (sax.ContentHandler):
NameError: name 'sax' is not defined

Edited by: Ivo Bellin on Oct 14, 2008 4:41 PM

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> You can reproduce this behavior on every 64 bits architecture.

I can't - I don't have a 64 Bit System at my disposal.

> MaxDB version: 7.6.03.15 (but also on the latest the files are not available, check if you like)

> output of sdbverify:

>

an unexpected error occurred

Hmm.. sdbverify does not work... very strange.

See, I've run this command quite often on customer systems (even with 64-Bit) and it always worked.

So this really looks like something specific to your installations.

> (btw, I wouldn't like to spend my time to check why this happens. I am sure that the loadercli -p problem is due to the missing files. It is simply a python 'import' problem.)Well, if you don't want to spend time on it - why should I ?

regards,

Lars