cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to handle a company reorganization?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm looking for any advice on handling a company reorganization. Our company periodically shuffles around different parts or our organization to better handle new business opportunities. This includes creating new departments, splitting up old departments/divisions, etc... This is great in that it allows us to be nimble to handle a changing business environment, but it can be very tedious to make all of the changes on the HR side in a short amount of time. We do this at the beginning of the year and this year may prove larger than in the past.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to make these changes easier other than manually updating every record? I just started looking into using LSMW but wanted to get some other options before I take a lit of time to research and test LSMW. We are currently on ECC 6.0.

Thank you in advance,

Jonathan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally in a business of thie nature, we have a portfolio of batch update programs to take care of such requirements

Example,

1) program to perform an org reassignment for everyone to a named company code/personnel area.

0r 2)program to transfer to a new payroll area.

or 3) payroll to terminate in one company code (personnel area) and hire in another.

and 4) program to udpate IT 0008, 0014, 0015 etc etc.

and of course, programs to create new org structures etc.

Typically some kind of manual effort cannot be avoided especially in the org structure side as creating fiels for upload is as tedious as creating a structure manually. Most people decide to just create the structure manually.

The batch udpated programs can be based on technology of choice such as BDC call transaction) or LSMW etc.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Harish. I appreciate the comments. I figured we couldn't get away from a manual process entirely. I'm going to keep this open a bit longer in hopes I may get some more recommendations.