cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAF Datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When we develop a new BusinessObject (Local Persistence) the CAF uses the database of system. Does anybody knows if is possible to specify a DataSource to CAF uses?

I'm thinking about High Availability environment, if i have the following scenario:

SAP Web Dispatcher and server1, server2 and server3, with each server with the CAF Application deployed the database will be created for each one, and it isn't desired. How to says to CAF uses the specific datasource that points to single Database server?

Its a good practice change the persistence.xml of CAF ejbmodule project:

- Default-

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<persistence version="1.0">

<persistence-unit name="testunit">

<jta-data-source>SAP/CAF_RT</jta-data-source>

<jar-file>sap.comcafcoreearpersistence.jar</jar-file>

</persistence-unit>

</persistence>

- Custom--

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<persistence version="1.0">

<persistence-unit name="testunit">

<jta-data-source>MY_DATASOURCE</jta-data-source>

<jar-file>sap.comcafcoreearpersistence.jar</jar-file>

</persistence-unit>

</persistence>

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

Since CAF uses Portal database, you must just to configure your portals to use a central (commom) database.

Check this useful (old) document:

http://help.sap.com/bp_epv260/EP_JA/documentation/How-to_Guides/03_EP6SP2_TechInfr_v2_final.pdf

Best Regards,

Pedro Nunes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

Thanks by document, but i need something that i can change the DataSource only to CAF Applications.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Isaias,

If I understood right you want to change metadata database and as far as I know, it's not possible.

Best Regards,

Pedro Nunes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pedro,

I don't like to change the metadata database, but i would like that the tables of my Business Object can be stored on any database. Example, a Oracle database on another machine. Just my Business Object. I will do a test change the persistence.xml and identify the results.

Best regards

Answers (0)