Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images at WebDynpro

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have requirement of developing an application whcih can display employ data using Adaptive RFC tool. In this I am also displaying the employee photo in the application. All the images I put in mimes folder and displaying them in application.

Going forward , will it be any problem for the application if the number of images ( photos ) are going to be increased ? If so , please tell me the sollution for that ?

Thanks

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there are 1000's of emloyee, then you have to add 1000's of images in your project.

Apart if the employee is added then you have to open the project add image and deploy again. Which is a bad practice.

It is better to make the use of a repository / file sytem, where the end user can add the image and your prog. picks dynamically from that location.

Former Member
0 Kudos
sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I followed the below blog for displaying employee photo getting from km. But ! I am getting the following warning.

when I am imporing the following , I am getting it is depricated.

import com.sapportals.portal.security.usermanagement.UserManagementException;

any clue ??

environment NWDS 7.014

thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If an API is marked as deprecated, there should usually be a comment that describes which new API should be used instead. Isn't that the case here?

Armin

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It shows the the API is depricated but ! it is not showing any new API whis is in use now.

The below line of code shows that the REsourceFactory .getInstance() is not there in ResourseFactory.

IResourceFactory resourseFactory = ResourceFactory.getInstance();

Thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

I think it is a bad idea to put the pictures into the mimes folder. Because you would have to redeploy them when a new employee is hired. I think the number/size of the pictures is a minor problem.

I think the futureproof solution would be to let the user upload his/her own picture. This can be done by a component that you write. There is a FileUpload tutorial somewhere that uploads pictures. But there is a possibility to use the KM to store a users picture also. Unfortunately I don't know much about this feature.

Kind regards

Matthias

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

Can anyone tell me how to get it using KM , how to use the KM folder structure and read the images ?

thanks

Suresh