cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Graphics, intermixing chart types

0 Kudos

Hi to all,

Has anyone tried to intermix chart types? Specifically, i'm trying to display a "column" type chart, but I would like to have a straight horizontal line through the chart indicating a key value or values. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

follow the following link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/web dynpro tutorial and sample applications.faq#q-20

How to use Business Graphics in Web Dynpro applications?

The following tutorial shows you step-by-step how to create a simple business graphic using Web Dynpro.

A simple business graphic is a chart consisting of a category and one or more data series. Column charts, bar charts and pie charts are typical examples of simple business graphics.

Simple business graphics differ from complex business graphics, such as scatter charts and portfolio charts.

Requirements

In order to use business graphics in your application, you must install the Internet Graphics Service (IGS) on your server environment. Furthermore, the IGS must be configured on the J2EE engine.

Code Sample

The ready-to-use project is available to download from SDN.

Corresponding Tutorial

Using Business Graphics

Hope this helped you

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

The given link https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/011be490-0201... is giving 404 resource not found error. Can you please send me tutorial if available with you? or new link if any available??

I need to know how to update XML file on server? By what name it should be updated and where it gets stored. Can you please provide some details on this. It will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mehul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know if it is possible to do this in the Web Application Designer for use with BW information? I need to create a dynamic value access. How would the Javascript work in this case?

0 Kudos

Hello,

there is always the possibility to split up your customizing in a static and a dynamic part. You can create the static part with the ChartDesigner at design time as usual.

At runtime create a Java String with the desired customizing xml using your context data and set it via IWDBusinessGraphics.setDirectCustomizing(). If there are overlaps between static and dynamic customizing, the dynanmic customizing will win.

Hope that helps

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was wrong. The experts are reading this forum

kai_gutenkunst
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The dynamic part of the customizing could be something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<SAPChartCustomizing version="1.1">

<Elements>

<ChartAxes>

<ValueAxis id="ValueAxis1">

<GridLine>

<ValueRange id="ValueRange1">

<Visibility>true</Visibility>

<Start>10</Start>

<End>10</End>

<BorderColor>RGB(255,0,0)</BorderColor>

<BorderWidth>3</BorderWidth>

</ValueRange>

</GridLine>

</ValueAxis>

</ChartAxes>

</Elements>

</SAPChartCustomizing>

I.e. create a new value range and set the Start/End values at runtime.

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Please can explain a business graphic by adding percentages on the series lines.

Regards,

Suman

0 Kudos

Hello Armin,

It seems that the solution that was given was not going to be enough. If you have contacts that I can get in touch with to find out if it is even possible to do what I'm trying to acheive, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos

Thanks Armin & Kai,

Kai,

I presume you are refering to the Chart Desginer when for working with the axis. Is it possible to set the value dynamically, or bind it to a node?

Essentially, I want to be able to "highlight" the average value as a straight line on the y axis.

Thanks again,

kai_gutenkunst
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the global settings of the customizing choose e.g. 'Columns' as your desired chart type.

Then create a new node of series customizing by right-clicking on 'Series' and choosing 'Add Series'. After selecting this node take a look at its properties: you will also find a property chart type that can be set to a chart type that is compatible to the global one.

And finally don't forget to use this series customizing when creating your data.

BTW, as an alternative for displaying a horizontal line you can also use a value range: right-click on ValueAxis-Gridline and choose 'Add ValueRange'.

Kai

0 Kudos

Anyone at all who can help me?

Basically, being able to highlight a particular increment would help me achieve the result i'm looking for as well.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suppose the Business Graphics experts are not reading this forum. If you want, I can send you their e-mail address so you can contact them personally.

You could post your insights in this forum afterwards.

Regards, Armin