cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO is not appearing in MD04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD gurus,

We have an interesting issue. While creating the sales order for a material we are not able to see the SO in the MD04 transaction, when the fixed date and qty field is checked and the SO is appearing in MD04 if the same field is unchecked in Schedule line tab.

Please let me know how we can get the sales order in MD04 transaction with the field fixed date and qty checked in the SO

Thanks for your help in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the previous msg i simply sent the use of that Fixed Date and Qty Check box in sale order..

Requirement will be transfered i.e, will update MD04 only when req. transfer is checked in the req. class configuration(OVZG)

and the chk box req. transfer and Availability should be checked fro the scehdule line category(VOV6).

Hope it'll be useful..

Thanks & Regards,

Venkatesh.S.P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanks for the information.

Can you plz let me know for which class do I need to check the requirement and availability check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In sale order, u may see the Requirement Type in Procurement Tab Page at the header level..

Then check to which req. class the req. type has been created(OVZH)..

And For that particular req. class do check the Check boxes Availability and Requirement Transfer(OVZG).

Hope it'll be useful..

Thanks & Regards,

Venkatesh.S.P.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear praveen

The issue what you are indicating "SO not appearing in MD04" is not bcoz of the field you are referring but bcoz, the control is in your schedule line category.

Chek in your sale order what schedule line category is flowing. Go to VOV6, select the schedule line category and tick the box "Req/Assembly".

Now see irrespective of that tick mentioned by you, SO is flowing or not. For information, the field Fixed date and qty is the date accepted by customer and if you maintain this date, it will be passed on to MRP requirements. Even if you have not maintained tick for this field, requirements will be passed on to MD04 if you maintain the tick what I explained above in your schedule line category.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

ps:- please try to close your earlier threads wherever possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the customer accepts the schedule lines which are proposed by the system, mark the Fixed

date and qty field. The system then transfers the requirements for the schedule lines to material

requirements planning.

If the customer requires the goods earlier than the date that the system can confirm after the availability check, leave the Fixed date and qty field blank. The system then only passes on the

requirements for the requested delivery date and does not take the quantities and dates confirmed by the system after the availability check into account. In this case, it is assumed that

the requested delivery date can be kept to because, for example, additional production capacity may become free. The system only confirms the sales order once the entire order quantity can be delivered on the requested delivery date. In the subsequent delivery processing, the sales

order is only considered to be completed when the entire order quantity has been delivered or when all partial delivery agreements have been fulfilled.

Hope it'll be useful..

Regards,

Venkatesh.S.P.