Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REG:assigning search help to the table field

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I have created a search help(collective) for a table field (ex:IP),

how to assign correctly this collective search help to the field,i tried by selecting the field and clicking on search help from the table.

but when is try to select the f4 on the field (ex:IP) it is showing the collective search help and the hit list , but when i select the IP (field value) ,that value is not populating on the screen field

its urgent

regards

kummari

7 REPLIES 7

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you define the search help parameter as importing exporting when you are defining.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vijay

i made the parameter IP as importing....but even though the value is not populating on the screen field.

let me know how to assign a search help(whether it may be a collective /elementary) to the table field

regards

kummari

Edited by: kummari on Oct 7, 2008 6:30 AM

0 Kudos

First did you try to execute the search help in SE11 , after creating .is it working properly..?

and coming to search help.

in Table

select the field you want to associate the search help , and press the search help button , here you need to mention the search help. and generate proposal. if the fields are different (in type ) then you will not get the values transferred from search help

check it once.

0 Kudos

Hi Kummari,

Try this code in ur report to attach searchhelp to ur screen field.

PARAMETERS : P_EMPID LIKE ZATC-EMPID MATCHCODE OBJECT ZATC_HELP(search help name).

0 Kudos

let me know it worked out or not.

if s points r valuable

0 Kudos

hi vijay

i tested search help from se11....there it showing correctly,but after attaching it to the table field ..the value is not populating to the screen field

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved