cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does BIAccelerator works with Webi report ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to improve performance of Webi Reports on BW queries (with huge data load) with BI Accelerator.

When I run one BW query (with millions of records) in Bex 7, am getting data within no time when I used BIA.

When I run Webi report on universe which is developed on same BW query, report is running for long hours and finally giving message "No data to return Query1".

Am not sure whether my report query is hitting BIA from WebI or not .

Can we use BIA with WebI reports or not (to increase performance)?

Any help on this please.

Thanks,

Dhana.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland

I have checked this but unfortunately that doesn't give me any information related to BIA.

Here problem is with BI Accelerator. Our aim is to improve performance of webi reports by using BIA only (we are working in one POC).

So struggling to use BIAcceleratior with Business Objects.

Same query in BEX (by checking use BIA option) is returning millions of records in no time.

But when running report from BO on that query system is hanging for some times and finally giving error message "No Data to retrieve". But we have data in that query in BW.

What to do?

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhana,

I would suggest that you open a OSS message with SAP support and describe the scenario so that they can look into the details.

In general WebI should benefit from BIA in the same way like Bex.

Ingo

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Dhana,

We 've seen similar in the system, where Cognos was used as a reporting tool. The bottle neck was MDX processor, so you need to look at optimizations in that area.

Regards,

-Vitaliy

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you share some details ?

thanks

Ingo

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

There is the whole bunch of OSS notes on performance fixes for MDX. Search for application area BW-BEX-OT-MDX.

But as far as I know with 7.01 SP 3 WebI will be comunicating directly with BI without MDX. But I believe you know here more then I do. Could you share some info how this would be implemented?

Thanks,

-Vitaliy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Dhana

Please have a look at the "Using SAP BW in Universe Designer" Guide. There are a couple of best practises and performance optimisation clues.

Roland