Billin Problem related with payment terms
Hi all SAP experts,
The client is selling inventorized items (trading goods) as well as services. There are orders in which the client will enter the trading goods as well as a service item called as u201Cinstallation charges.u201D For the trading goods line item category say u201CTANu201D the billing relevance will be u201CA u2013 delivery related billing documentu201D as the invoice will be created after the delivery to close the sales cycle. For the rental contract item category & maintenance item category, the billing relevance will be u201CI u2013 order relevant billing-billing planu201D.
Say a sales order is created & in that along with the trading item (ATM machine), there is a service line item as well for installation charges. So there will be two different item categories in the same sales order.
The payment terms will be fetched from the customer master or may be changed in the sales order as per the negotiations with the customer.
The payment terms will be as follows & will be entered in the sales order:
1. 50% at the time of order confirmation (sales order).
2. 40% after the delivery.
3. 10% after the installation, commissioning & testing.
1. The client wants to generate a separate invoice for all the 3 part payments.
2. All the three invoices will have different payment terms. (for example, the sales order is created for 2000 USD. First invoice of 50% i.e. 1000 USD to be created & sent to the customer. Again the customer is supposed to send the payment within 7 days from the date of invoice. So there will be a separate payment term for the part payment to be received.)
3. The customer wants to have a report which will display for a sales order u2013 the amount received from the customer & the amount to be received from the customer.
1. In transaction code OBB8, we define the payment term & there is a tick for installment. If we tick this then we can create installments against this payment term.
2. In transaction code OBB9, we will see those payment terms only which have the installment indicator ticked. Again here we will specify the percentage of the installment & the payment term for the same. The installments are basically the same percentages to be received every period. Can this be used? If yes then does the system generate a separate invoice for the installment?
3. If I use the billing relevance u201CIu201D for trading item as well, then what about the delivery & invoice?
Please guide me on this issue.
With best regards,