cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILE->EMAIL with pdf as an attachment and message body.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario where FILE to EMAIL with PDF as an attachment; I also need to send to have Email body with some text. For this i have tried using Mail Package then i wont be receiving any attachment. If I use both Mail package + Keep attachments i do not see any attachments in mail.

Let me know the possible ways that can used in the current scenario where i need to send pdf attachment along with messsage body.

Thanks in advance,

nik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is I am receiving only a single pdf file. How can I treat the same as attachment to main payload-to use payload-bean swap module.

I also need Timestamp on the attachment name. How can this be handled since the mapping will fail if I try to access the pdf document inside mapping.

Thanks in advance

Nik

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for achiving this you need to add Message Transform Bean module configuaration at CC level have you done this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nik

To get the customized email body you need to use the Mail package. Keep attachments tab should be selected

Now sending PDF attachment - Do you need to send data passed by File adapter as pdf attachment or File adapter is reading message other than this attachment.

Case 1. File adapter send message that you need to send as email attachment. Then using mail package use

<content_type>application/pdf</content_type>

you can even add name of the file going as an attachment.

<content_type>application/pdf;name="filename.pdf"</content_type>

Secondly you can use the MessageTransformBean at communication channel as an additional standard module.

Case2: You need to pick file from file adapter as attachment. that is possible only when you use NFS with this file you read as source and attachment has be of same name type eg: you read input.txt then attachment has to be input.pdf

Thanks

Gaurav

Edited by: Gaurav Bhargava on Oct 7, 2008 5:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

refe rto this link

regards,

Milan.