cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error is sending mails outside SAP - SCOT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have gone through the note 455140 for configuring SMTP node in order to send mails through SAP.

We have a BI 7.0 System on Windows 2003. I am able to send mails to external IDs by connecting to the SMTP Mail server using telnet command from our BI system at the OS level. We have maintained all the details in the SMTP Node like Mail Server IP and the Port number (i.e. 25).

But when we send mails from SO01 to external IDs we get the errors. When checked through SOST we get the error as follows:

Internal error: CL_SMTP_RESPONSE ESMTP error code is not known. 502 502 Command not implemented

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like tipical issues with the SMTP relay agent, just check with your Mail Admin that the IP Address of you SAP system is maintained in the Relay Agent.

regards

Juan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem lied with the Mail server lying in DMZ and hence were not allowing the SAP systems to send mail although they could be sent through OS level.

The problem is resolved

Karan Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for that reply. But we have already checked that. Our mail admin has confirmed the entries. As i mentioned earlier we could telnet the mail server from the command prompt of our SAP server and even send a mail to an external email ID.

Do you think there is a possibility that even after being able to send a mail using the above method, there could be a problem with any entry on the SMTP relay server side?

Thanks

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also we have maintained the parameters in the Instance profile regarding icm/server_port_0

Please let us know if you know of a solution.