cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport KM ACL permissions without content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo

Is it possible to transport ACL KM permissions without transporting the content in the KM folders?

As fare as I can see, it is only possible to transport the ACL permission if I select the import mode u201CDelete Conflicting Data Firstu201D. Thus that our solution is in production, this is not an option.

I have a situation where I need to change a significant number of KM folder permissions and I would like to avoid doing this manually in all 3 portal environments (development, test and production).

I have looked at the u201CPropagation of ACLsu201D report but I can not define a single template folder u2013 I have around 40 different settings, which have to be applied in 3 different repositories.

We are on NW 7, SP16.

Thanks in advance,

Henrik Andersen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

benjamin_houttuin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henrik,

I have the exact same query, although I envy you as you only have 40 setting (I have 30 times 160).

The reply from Julian is correct altough needs custom development.

Hopefully SAP will introduce a ACL Export / Import function soon... They already have something similair for assinging roles as you can export assignments to text and import them again OR like the PCD objects XML import/export...

Only thing I can do is share my current workaround I did (note this action needs to be done in planned downtime as the content will be unavailible for a while).

on the source system

1. run KM toolbox > Report > Mass copy with ACL to a temp repository

(only copy the elements that where changed)

2. Transport this temp copy to the target system

on the target system:

3. MOVE your content from the actual location to the temp structure

result is old content in new structure with new permissions

4. REMOVE the old structure

5. MOVE the complete structure and content from the temp location back to the original location

Please do a complete backup and test for that you do it for real as all systems are different and cannot be commpared.

But again I hope that sombody has a real solution (I hope SAP in SP17 or so)

Cheers,

Benjamin Houttuin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could set the ACLs programmatically, either using the Java API, or using WebDAV (see RFC 3744).