cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alert in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have a idoc to xml scenario(receiver JMS)in my bpm in the switch statement i am checking a condition and raising an alert.

i have gone thru the weblogs on the forum and i tried it.

step1: in alrtcatdef i defined the alert category and container, error messgae,etc...

step2: using a control loop i am raising an alert, in which the step asks for alert category and alert msg where i gave exacty what i have mentioned in alrtcatdef.

step 3: configured the ID.

now is that all i should do? so when i send a bad idoc will i be ale to see alrt msgs in my alrtinbox?

should i configure any more steps??i am on sp14, pls correct me if iam on the right track?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all to use an Alert from BPM you do not need to configure an alert rule as suggested by a poster here.

Instead you need to define an alert with dynamic text and use the alert category in the BPM step.

As you say your alert is not created i assume you have checked that the BPM step really gets executed?

If so, did you switch on the logging for alerts? if so you will see log entries in SLG1 for object ALERT which help to find problems in alert creation. Do you get any hint in there?

Best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am exceuting this report RSALERTTEST in se38, my understanding if we want to test whether alerts are being raised or not without passing any messages we can test using this way. so i have`nt passed any messages in my BPM, i simply defined the alert category and, container variables, long text and fixed recipients and activated in RWB and tried to test by exceuting the report...

Also i did not define any rules,i selected no restriction and activated. so how and where do i define the dynamic text??

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

After createing an Alert Category using ALRCATDEF. The next step will be to define an <b>ALERT RULE</b>.

I think you have missed this step.

To define an ALERT RULE, just go to your <b>RUN TIME WORKBENCH</b>, and select <b>ALERT CONFIGURATION</b>, and after that , select your ALERT CATEGORY and

and create a rule for that category.

Just check this blog by michael for a complete scenario,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

Now, when you use the report <b>RSALERTTEST</b> under SE38, you will find your ALERT CATEGORY, and will be able to trigger it.

This same ALERT can now be used in your BPM.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I went to RWB and in ALERT CONFIGURATION i selected my alert category and i did not define any condition, in the where did the error ocuur category, i selected NO Restriction and i activated the rule and at the top it displays that th erule is activated for this alert category. and when i go to se38 i am still not able to select my alert category...

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you not getting the ctaegory defined in se38 ? or are you getting any message after execution..

Also ..have maintained the Recepients in ALRTCATDEF ?

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i go to se38, while selecting the alert category i cant fine mine. also in the alrtcatdef:i have these options

1.unclassified

2.CCMS alerts

3.securiy relevant alerts

4.webflow alerts

I selected the unclassified and defined my alert category . activated the rule in RWB.

is this right? or should i define it in CCMS alerts??

i want my alerts to be sent to pager/e-mail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the report selection screen...the F4 for category shows the categories under CCMS alerts..(if nothing is entered in the field)...

However, if you enter part of you category name and a * and do an F4...you will get it...

Anyways..that does not matter....you can type your category in the field by hand and try to execute...

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried manually typing my alertcategory and when i try executing it , i get this msg

"Alert ID is unknown. Maybe the alert was not created."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls check this...

go to se37...execute the FM SALERT_CREATE and give the import parameter IP_CAT as the alert category created by you and execute....see if an exception is raised...

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

i amtrying to execute in se37, it says fn module does not exist??