cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data slices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement in my planning layout, I have versios(jan-dec) months. I created a variable v1 as 'Manual entry/Default' and restrict the version with v1 in filter tab. So, when execute the query variable v1 asks for month(jan-dec), and user need to give any of the month from jan to dec.

My requirement is if he select oct'08 then data of oct'08 will display in layout, after finish the work in oct'08, in layout, I need to display the months of nov'08 to oct'2009 in same layout itself.

I want this logic through data slice (exit_base) and using this need write code in fox formula. Need help, waiting for reply

Thanks&regards,

Sohail Tanvir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is not possible this way. Why don't you use a button to call the variable screen again? Here the user can choose the next period.

Regards Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you are correct, but how it is possible to come variable screen with push button on layout. With push button we can insert 1) Data provider specific command 2) Plan specific command 3) Work book specific command.

I checked all 3 to assign the variable screen with push button. But i could n't find any solution to come variable screen with push button on my layoaut. Any ideas...........

Thanks!

Sohail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aren't you working in BI-IP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, Iam working on BI-IP, But this is my first project on BI-IP

Thanks & regards,

Sohail

Former Member
0 Kudos

please take a look at [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/3f/30ae3d47afd652e10000000a114084/frameset.htm] how variable values can be changed

Regards Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you select 'workbook specific command', the first option shown is 'Process Variables'. Select that - this command calls up the variable screen.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all

lucimar_moresco
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Check The same questions has been raised.

Lucimar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The link, in that question has mentioned, that is also my question which has not yet been answered.

Thanks!

Sohail