cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interoperable Repositories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, new requirement for my client is to interop between multiple repositories. I have a Product, Customer, and Order repository. I need to join the 3 repositories to provide a unified view of master data.

Example

I have a product "fruit cake", which has a expiration of 24 days. This data is stored within my Products repository.

I have a customer "Conner" within my Customer repository.

I have all POs for customer "Conner" within my Order repository.

Each time customer "Conner" buys a "fruit cake" I want to set a calculated or qualified field containing an expiration date within the order repository. I need to utilize fields from the other 2 repositories.

Is this possible? Is there a better way to achieve? I am trying to achieve with no data replication within any if the repositories!!!

If it is not currently possible in SP3, please let me know if it is in the road-map, as I will need to advise my client.

Thanks in advance!!

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could use the APIs. It is possible to listen and notice if you add or change a record somewhere. Then you read the relevant information and write the appropriate information in the other repositories. The logic behind it would be hidden in the Java or C# classes. They could run in the background without any need for interaction of the user. Do you think this could solve your problem?

Best regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just notced a similar comment "Cross Referencing MDM Repositories". No suggestion seems feasible for my client, since we are not willing to host duplicate data in our repositories. SAP any ideas?