Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure E-Mail servers in SAP?

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

| have configured e-mail server in R/3 properly (using SCOT tcode). However, when I am trying to send mails for testing purpose (using SBWP tcode), its showing status as "send process still running". But after some time, its showing status as "error during send process"

can any one please help me troubleshoot this problem? Should you need any information, kindly let me know.

Waiting for your kind immediate responses!

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I configure email in SAP server and its working fine.But the mail is going to my company mail.But it is not going to other mail id like gmail,yahoo mail like that.

Could u help how to configure email for outside mail id.

Regards

Sai

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to check with Mail Exchange Administrator and identify the rules they apply.

Regards,

Faisal

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Has the user that is running the job still got an email address in SU01?

check SCOT it will help you.

you can also try swu_obuf and then push start synchronization button.

Refer to Note 455140. It contains all the required info

Please refer this thread,

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Edited by: R Brahmankar on Oct 6, 2008 6:10 PM

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks alot for your quick response. I forgot to tell you that, we are working on 4.6C version and our mail server is MS Exchange Server 2003

Just to confirm, whether it is supported any way? I have also gone through the thread link you have sent me, there it was talking about SMTP server. However, when I was creating a node in SCOT tcode, i did not get that oppurtunity to select SMTP or.....

Regarding RFC, could you please tell me what type of RFC we neet to create R/3 or T or L.....

Regards,

Faisal

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

All Steps are given in the Installation guide

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/instguides -> SAP Components -> SAP R

Goto TCODE SICF, activate SAPConnect

Goto tcode SCOT.

Configure SMTP node to Exchange server,

In SCOT, configure a periodic job to send emails.

Then you can send a test email from SBWP to see all is OK.

Yes, similar setup with an RFC to your Exchange server and with software SXC.

If you are running Exchange Server 2003, and 4.6C it will be tricky.

Please refer to this note, Note 455127 - E-mail (SMTP) in different SAP releases, it will explain all.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

I have gone through the notes and links you have sent me. Its very helpful and informative as well. Following are my observations and understandings:

1. As I mentioned, we are on 4.6C , therefore tcode SICF is not executable to activate SAPConnect service. Its only available on WAS.

2. I think I have to make use of SAP EXCHANGE CONNECTOR if its R/3 4.6C. Then only I will be able to configure SMTP mail server. Because,

note#122657 says that:

if you are using SAP system based on WAS 6.10 or above then you should use the SAPconnect (E)SMTP
 linkage for the exchange connection. You no longer need to install the SAP Exchange Connector

3. Can you please confirm that I have to use SAP Exchange Connector to configure SMTP mail server?

4. There is not SMTP node in tcode SCOT ! Only I get FAX and INT nodes. How to get the SMTP node?

you said that:

If you are running Exchange Server 2003, and 4.6C it will be tricky.

could you please guide and help me in making this process tricky ?

That would be a very great help and I am looking forward to have your kind help for the same!

If you need any other information from my side, kindly let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

Faisal

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please refer to this note, Note 455127 and 73360.

Hope it will solve your problem.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Brahmankar,

Thanks alot for your help so far. I hope I will be able to resolve this issue very soon.

Also I have given you appropriate points.

Regards,

Faisal