Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor master record: Partner functions

former_member504446
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

is there any way to automatically generate partner functions for new vendors? I.e. when I create a new vendor master record and save it, I would like to have the system automatically create the VN partner function and insert the new vendor's vendor number.

The user cannot add the entry to the table before he saves because the vendor number is not created before saving the new master record (internal number assignment).

And another question: Does it make any sense at all to add the VN function to all vendors? Does a vendor with the VN function (and his own vendor number in the entry) in any way different from a vendor without any partner functions assigned at all?

Thank you

Alicia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A vendor is a shared master data.

you may have vendors that do not even have purchasing data, vendor that are only used by finance (e.g. restaurants, hotels...) Such vendors do not need any partners

For all vendors that you use in purchasing it makes sense to default the VN vendor automatically if you decided to work with partner fuctions.

The partner functions are assigned at to account groups, so you can make it optional or mandatory per account group.

In partner schema you can define whether VN is a mandatory role, and if you set the indicator that it is not changable, then SAP will automatically default VN partner with the vendor number.

former_member504446
Participant
0 Kudos

First of all, thanks to both of you.

Jürgen, my point is this: Normally we will have only one partner role for a vendor. I.e. one vendor will recieve our PO, deliver the goods, send us the invoice and will be paid.

The question is: Is there any difference, if this vendor either has no partner functions defined in his master record at all or just one (VN with his own vendor number behind it)?

In my view this should not make any difference concerning system behaviour. Or does it?

Thanks again

Alicia

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your vendor is vendor , order adress, goods supplier and invoice presenter, then you do not need the partner functions at all.

former_member504446
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

thanks again for your input! I already thought that we did not need anay partner functions, but it is good to have this verified.

Just in case anyone has a similar problem: It is possible to make the system automatically generate an VN-entry for every new vendor. Just define the function VN to be mandatory and not changeable for the vendor's account group (customizing).

Greetings

Alicia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No it doesn't make any sense to have Partner function enables for all the vendor....

Above it if you make it automatically, and has default value, then is it possible to have the same Partner functions for all the vendor???

I think it shd not be done...

Hope it helps..

Regards

Priyanka.P