Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Enhencement

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client requierd for maint. order in component tab page along with component,Fund center and commitment item can also be enter there, So how to add these fields in component tab page?

Any BADI for this?

regards

sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sunil,

It may be useful if you explain the business requirements for this functionality i.e. why do you want these fields..

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fund center and commitment item are assigned to PM order at Header level. At componenet level, you will not be able to assign directly thru any enhancement.

However, as funds are allocated at department level or section level, hence you can maintain these in Operation Enhancment fields based on configured field key.

You can copy the fund center and commitment item to reservation line items from the operation fields by an exit.

Shiba

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sunil,

There are no user-exits/BADIs for this purpose.

Do these fields apply to all componenets, or do you need component-specific data?

PeteA

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

This is for maintenace order screen enhacement BADI: DIWPS_ORDER_CREATE

Please check this one.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PeteA

We have two plants A & B from where material consumed. Now the requierment is that whenever material consumed from plant B user must define Fund center & Commitment Item against that material in the component tab page.

regards

sunil

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sunil,

Presumably you have some other functionality elsewhere that would read this data???

PeteA

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kaushal Rai,

It looks like BADI DIWPS_ORDER_CREATE is for the [Maintenance Event Builder|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_di471/helpdata/EN/13/5643191065438c889c086a66475426/frameset.htm] (MEB).

How would this BADI help?

PeteA

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PeteA

Not getting... What u want to say?

regards

sunil

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pete,

I am not sure whether will work or not. As Sunil asked any Badi in his first post so i suggested he can check this.

I am exploring more about it, I will be back.

Regards,

kaushal Rai

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

kaushal Rai,

I don't think it'll help..

But I've added them to the [user-exit list|http://pjatkin.users.btopenworld.com/documents/PMCSUserExits.pdf]

PeteA

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunil,

If you add these new fields to the order components, it won't automatically link into the Fund Centre and Commitment Items... You would need to develop something for that too..

How will you do this?

PeteA

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pete,

Thanx for providing the link. Its very useful.

Dear Sunil,

I have not used check T-code OPEC. This is for user defined fields. In the operation tab page of your order there is a tab Enhancement. It will work for each operation.

You have create in OPEC and than you can see in order.

You can create that field and the user has to write there commitment or whatever they want.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Edited by: Kaushal Rai on Oct 6, 2008 5:40 PM

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal

It seems to be usefull but adding to this i want when i see the reservation no. created thru the order , it must show the Fund center & Commitment Item in the reservation detail.

Is this possible? If yes then how?

regards

sunil

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

This can't be used for this purpose. This is user fiels if they want to add some more data they can add it here.

This field will not call any system field but they write reservation number here etc..

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

Enter the Funds centre & Commitment item in Component Long text.Once the Reservation is created, Goto MB23, enter the reservation number & click on the detail icon for the reservation.You can see the Funds centre & commitment item appearing in the field Text.

Regards,

Karthik

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik,

I don't want in this way bcoz FC & CI r coming in text field.I want in reservation detail when u click more at that time FC & CI should have the value which i have given in the order against the component.

Also when i do MIGO for the reservation at that time in account assignment tab FC & CI should come with that value.

regards

sunil

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal,

Is it possible to assign F4 help to user define fields. If Yes then how? Plz guide.

regards

sunil

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you have entered more than one entry then you will automatically get this by F4.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal,

No, I have checked ,not possible. Any other way.

regards

sunil

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I feel there is some setting but I am not able to track. You can check this path for further clarification. I am not getting how to assign this to field key.

SPRO>Investment Management>Investment Programs>Master Data>User Fields>Define User Fields 3 and 4

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal,

I tried for it but it's not working. I want when i do the goods issue against the reservation created from the order at that time a pop up message come for entering the Fund Center & Commitment Item.

Is it possible ? Any BAPI,BADI or other way?

regards

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sunil,

u can add F4 help in the data element of the user fields, every field contains

Data element - define label of the field,F4 help data of the field.

Domain:-defines characteristics of the field like field length,data type etc.

Ask you abap guy to add F4 help data in the user defined fields.

regards

pushpa

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunil,

I still do not understand the business requirement for this functionality i.e. why is it so important that the FC and CI be displayed in the reservation and MIGO???

PeteA

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PeteA,

We r having SEZ & Non SEZ Plant. Order is created at Non SEZ Plant and Component issued from both SEZ & Non SEZ Plant. So we want when component issued from SEZ Plant at that time during goods issue against reservation Fund center & Commitment Item must be filled so that budeget allocated for SEZ plant for material get consumed.

Hope u understand the requierment.

regards

sunil

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunil,

But as it was pointed out in a post above - the FC/CI values are assigned to the order header level (not the component levels)

If you think that its simply a case adding two new fields at component level, then think again... How will SAP "know" what these fields are for???

You would need to totally redesign how the standard system works for maintenance orders and reservations... Furthermore, there are no user-exits/BADIs/etc to help you with your requirements.

You may be bette-off looking at reservations from cost centres.. I would strongly suggest you talk to your FICO and MM teams on this issue.

PeteA