Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAST_PROTOCOL_UPDATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VF02 i issued a print o/p to a smartform.I get a workflow message saying update terminated.When i debug the FM RV_MESSAGE_UPDATE in SM13 i find that the update gets terminated in a FM NAST_PROTOCOL_UPDATE at a point where flags related to pricing conditions are being set.Can you please tell me if this has anything to do with smartform/print program or if its some configuration issue.Any tips would be welcome.Thanks in Advance

Shrini

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

NAST_PROTOCOL_UPDATE is not the issue. It is the error handling that tells you what goes wrong. The issue is the logic that calls it.

Regards,

Teddy Kurniawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you get the message saying "update terminated",

The program might have caused a run time error. So goto ST22 to see the dump analysis for the program run.

Check if there are any errors in calling the print program or the parameter mis match in smartform FM.

With Regards,

Dwarakanath.S

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if it coming from print program then you need to think of..? the error may be from your print program.

is it a custom print program which causing the update termination..

and Go to SM13 transaction and check the code related to update rermination. there you can see clearly what code caused the error from the source code.

0 Kudos

Thank you all for your tips. I checked and found out that SAP used to get some pricing information from external pricing system which has been scrapped now.I also found that the error msg is bcos SAp cant logon to remote system to execute a Z functionmodule to get the external pricing.there were 2 form routines in which these function modules were being called. is there a way to over ride this without making any changes to code. I assume it has something to do with over riding the pricing routines like 900 and 901 so that we can avoid this external pricing.ofcourse there is no harm in code change where we can over ride but which one would be a better option