Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lsmw error

former_member1150623
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is regarding the lsmw error,During the lsmw process in step "specify files" when i am assigning the file during save it giving error "no logical path has been specified"

Although i had tried it before 3 times it were sucessful, but now it is as problem,whereas the flat file that i had made also correct.

I had completed all cross check as per my judgment.

Please specify the solution with reason of error,

hopng suggestion quickly,

Thanking you,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member1150623
Participant
0 Kudos

solved

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

How did you solve it?

Please rewards the points before closing the thread. You have closed many thread without points, like BOM deletion and archiving difference.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

How did you solved this Error of No Logical Path Found..

Thanks and Regards

Rajesh

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Define a Logical path 'LSMW' by T. Code. FILE & mention this in your LSMW & proceed.

No logical path found - means you did not mention or created the logical path for the given physical path in the FILE transaction and after creatinmg use it as the target path to upload the file.

Or,

In the "Specify files" step, you see following 3 nodes: Legacy Data, Read Data & Concerted data.

Double click on Converted data where you get a popup & you need to mention the logical path & Logical file name. ( Normally LSMW will be the logical path & specify the same path as presentation server path / File.

Refer the oss note 753511

Or,

this may happen if your file path is so long,

Solution: try this : bring that file to desktop and then retry step 7

Regards,

R.brahmankar

Edited by: R Brahmankar on Oct 6, 2008 4:32 PM

former_member1150623
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As u suggested i tried, but it give as

1) logical path lsmw not found

also what does mean by presentation server/path file

also which entry has to be choose for Logical File ?

Edited by: manish bachate on Oct 6, 2008 4:51 PM

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

It is must to specify the file path in the step "Specify file", here you mentioned your flat file name in "Legacy data - On the PC based on that the system will create logical file path for converted data.

In the "Specify files" step, you see following 3 nodes: Legacy Data, Read Data & Concerted data.

Double click on Converted data where you get a popup & you need to mention the logical path & Logical file name. ( Normally LSMW will be the logical path & specify the same path as presentation server path / File.

There is a very good OSS note 35992 that explains the transaction FILE

Futher specific to LSMW there is OSS note 753511 that describes what to do Please refer it.

Hope it will solve your problem.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar