cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Filter to Publications (SMOEAC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have created a Site for R/3 in transaction SMOEAC (Middleware Admin Console). I have registered Publications and Subscriptions to this site.

Now I need to set a filter to the Publication "All Business Partners (MESG)" so as to enable only certain types of BPs to be integrated with ECC.

Kindly help me in this regard. Any procedure/ documentation would be highly useful.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sushanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Susanth,

You would maintain a filter on the download object BUPA_MAIN in R3AC1.

Take care,

Stephen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RR

Thanks for your response.

Hope this should solve my problem,.

Thanks again

Regards,

Sushanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

Thanks a lot your inputs. I hope these Notes would help me resolve my issue.

The reason why I was specifically insisting on applying filter at SMOEAC level and not tot he Adapter object is because we had raised an OSS in this issue and SAP has suggested to apply filter to the Publication.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Sushanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

In SMOEAC you can change the replication object 'BUPA_MAIN' and assign the potential criteria fields available with the object. Then create new Simple Intelligent Publication with this replication object and filter criteria. Hope it works..

Thanks,

RR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

Thanks a lot for your response.

Applying filters to the adapter object would mean filtering the data to be received by Initial Load.

Is there any way where in I can specifically put a filter to the Publication All Business Partners (MESG) in SMOEAC?

This is because, We have integrated BPs with role Sold-To-Party and another custom role and want Delta to be triggered on changes to only these BPs and not on Prospects or Employees.

Regards,

Sushanth

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sushanth,

The problem is that publication is a simple bulk which means there is no filter critieria associated at that level. I still think setting the filters on the BUPA_MAIN object should work, as those filters will prevent certain changes from going over for your case.

However if you really want to do the subscription route, take a look at notes: 683116 and 686880, which should give you a concept on how to do it.

Take care,

Stephen