Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Bulk Operations - items to one category

I'm using Bulk Operations to add all items (18.000) to one category. In the filter area I haven't entered any information. In the results area I've selected unlimited. All the items appear in the screen. When I choose Category in the Bulk Operations area and select the category all the items have to assign to and click Add, only 500 items have been assigned to that category.

All the items are available (had to do this in the SQL table, because Bulk Operations didn't work here either).

Any ideas why it doesn't work.

A second question is: I've been reading on this forum that items are not assigned to a category during synchronisation. In Netpoint 5.9 the items were assigned to the itemgroup (the itemgroup was the category as well). What if when new items are created in Business One and synched to Webtools. Do you have to assign them manually to a category or is there a option which I haven't found yet in Webtools. If you have to do it manually how can you filter these items out of the PartsMaster.

We are on Webtools 2007 PL11 (in test environment)

Best regards,

Tim

replied

Hello,

During the initial synch (and only the initial synch) Items are associated with their respective Item groups (represented as categories) in the Online Catalog.

After the initial synch the catalog needs to be managed.

Item group associations are now fixed so that is no longer possible to orphan a part.

JAmes

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question