cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Operations - items to one category

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using Bulk Operations to add all items (18.000) to one category. In the filter area I haven't entered any information. In the results area I've selected unlimited. All the items appear in the screen. When I choose Category in the Bulk Operations area and select the category all the items have to assign to and click Add, only 500 items have been assigned to that category.

All the items are available (had to do this in the SQL table, because Bulk Operations didn't work here either).

Any ideas why it doesn't work.

A second question is: I've been reading on this forum that items are not assigned to a category during synchronisation. In Netpoint 5.9 the items were assigned to the itemgroup (the itemgroup was the category as well). What if when new items are created in Business One and synched to Webtools. Do you have to assign them manually to a category or is there a option which I haven't found yet in Webtools. If you have to do it manually how can you filter these items out of the PartsMaster.

We are on Webtools 2007 PL11 (in test environment)

Best regards,

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A second question is: I've been reading on this forum that items are not assigned to a category during synchronisation. In Netpoint 5.9 the items were assigned to the itemgroup (the itemgroup was the category as well). What if when new items are created in Business One and synched to Webtools. Do you have to assign them manually to a category or is there a option which I haven't found yet in Webtools. If you have to do it manually how can you filter these items out of the PartsMaster.

The item groups and Item associations from Business One synch over into a master catalog in WebTools named Online Catalog during initial synch.

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply James.

I don't know if I understood your reply completly.

This is what happened during the initial synch. The Itemgroups where synched. In the database you see two groups (e.g. itemgroup 10000). The ones with B1_10000 and the ones without B1 (only 10000). The ones without B1 you see in the Online Catalog.

When you go into the Webtools menu - Catalog - Catalogs you can see all the Itemgroups (which have become categories), but there are no items assigned to these categories.

When you look at the items themself (in the Webtools menu - Catalog - Items - Item detail - Item Info - General) you can see the Itemgroup which they belong to.

So the question was about the Catalog sector. Is it true that you have to assign the items manually (use Bulk Operations for instance) to a category. So all the items which belong to itemgroup 10000, you have to add manually to category 10000.

If this is the case then you have the problem with new items which were created in Business One and synched to Webtools. How do you filter the new items.

When this is not the case something must have gone wrong during the initial synch and probably we have to do the initial synch again.

This is what I have been reading in another thread:

Regarding why items are no longer automatically populated to the OnLine catalog, there were a number of bugs related to the association of B1 item groups to webtools catalogs. In reality, they are not the same thing. Because you can create catalogs and categories that do not exist in B1, objects, such as item and service contract, which have item group data would cause synch errors when categories were chosen that did not exist in B1. Additionally, there is pricing and other functionality associated with item groups in B1 that does not have any counterpart in Webtools. For these reasons, the decision was made to officially sever the relationship.

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

During the initial synch (and only the initial synch) Items are associated with their respective Item groups (represented as categories) in the Online Catalog.

After the initial synch the catalog needs to be managed.

Item group associations are now fixed so that is no longer possible to orphan a part.

JAmes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks James,

The next thing which I have to sort out is the pricing. Special prices of Business Partners are no longer synchronised in Webtools.

I've been reading in a thread that there will be an update (Feature Pack, planned for later this year), where all pricing is supported. So it will be similar as Business One.

Hopefully this Feature Pack will solve our pricing issue.

Best regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Partner special pricing will be supported in SP1 (that's what it is called today ) as well as group discounts for item groups and manufacturers, and period and volume discounts.

The changes are currently in testing and we hope to have this released sometime in the first quarter of next year.

Category discount that existed in NetPoint 5.9 are no longer supported and you will not be able to create any pricing in Webtools. So hopefully you are not doing anything with category discounts that you could not do with item group discounts in B1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shane,

As we have build our own theme for Webtools and some other modifications (e.g. very detailed search option for articles), do you have to do a complete new installation of SP1 or is it an update, so that you do not have to do all the modifications again like going from Netpoint 5.9 to Webtools?

Itemgroups and categories are the same for us in Webtools (e.g Itemgroup 10000 is Category 10000).

Could you confirm if I'm right about the next issue:

We are on Webtools 2007 PL11. You still got the same possibilities concerning discount on categories and add special prices as you had in Netpoint 5.9.

I've been doing some testing today and found out that when I create a new category and transfer all the items in this category, Webtools takes the pricing conditions which I added to a certain customer (in the menu - Business Partners - Financial - Special Pricing). So this would mean if I haven't connect any discounts to this category it's using the discounts and special prices which I have been adding to the customer. In other words Webtools is looking for the best price.

Best regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Upgrade to Webtools 6 SP1 will generally work the same as upgrade to any other patch. We can't commit there will not be any changes required, but we are trying to minimize all changes that could affect custom implementation. The extent will be clear only after complete development close. Some development effort will possibly be needed to include new features to your customized website.

Changes in special pricing on webtools side are not really supported in SP0 as they can get easily overwritten by next synch with B1. In SP1, all existing webtools special pricing will be removed and replaced by the new design matching B1.

Regards,

Jaro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jaro,

The answer helps us in developing Webtools for our company. At least we know what we basicly can expect when SP1 is released. We are pleased that the pricing system will be as in Business One.

Best regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

The upgrade from 5.9 may require a fair amount of bug fixing to your custom code. There are significant changes to the netpoint API, including some signature changes to methods, which may break existing code.

Additionally, there has been some reorganization of namespaces from 5.9 to 6, both in the Webtools project and the netpoint api. I would not expect any of these to be functionally catastrophic for you, but you may have a number of minor bugs to fix.

One of the bigger changes is the support of .NET master pages. This change will mean that a lot of the code that is currently in slots may need to be moved to a master page.

The seamless upgrade that Jaroslav was referring to is the upgrade from WT 6 to WT 6 sp1.

Your upgrade from 5.9 to 6 will need to be thoroughly re-tested.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is that a bulk operation on 18000 records might cause a timeout, so even though the dropdown says unlimited it is being limited by a setting.

This setting is in Admin - setup - config settings - netpoint and its labeled Max Rows. By default its set to 500.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer.

I didn't mentioned that in my thread, but I already altered the MaxRow to 20000. I found out that I had to log out of Webtools first. After I logged in again it worked.

Could you also have a look at my second question please.

Best regards,

Tim