Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW ERROR

former_member1150623
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is regarding the lsmw error,During the lsmw process in step "specify files" when i am assigning the file during save it giving error "no logical path has been specified"

Although i had tried it before 3 times it were sucessful, but now it is as problem,whereas the flat file that i had made also correct.

I had completed all cross check as per my judgment.

Please specify the solution with reason of error,

hopng suggestion quickly,

Thanking you,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member1150623
Participant
0 Kudos

solved,if problem arises"logical path not specifoed" then double click on the converted data, system will ask for path & file ive p[ath as "lsmwlogpath" & file as "lsmwlogfile".

problem will be solve.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You Should Not Use File formats Other than .XLS and .TXT (Notepad)

former_member1150623
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using just xls & txt formats only but it doesnt working

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It has nothing to do with your source file.

It is within the SAP program that is used. It needs to have a logical path.

You have to create this path yourself.

Furher there is a very good OSS note 35992 that explains

Futher specific to LSMW there is OSS note 753511 that describes what to do.

If you have authority for x-client customizing then you can directly type a name for logical path and file name

e.g. LSMWLOGPATH and LSMWLOGFILE, hit enter and LSMW will create the logical path and file name for you.and you dont need to do it with transaction FILE.

former_member1150623
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have use funda,for logical path & logical file, system asked me for the creating that one both path & file & i click yes ,now my data get saved ,but is it means that system had create the path & file both for that data & i should have to create the both things each time?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No you need to do this just once per LSMW object (an only in case you use a method that requires this info)

former_member1150623
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It means its depend upon the file charectiristics of uploading files!,weather it need the path or not,because i had tried with excel files before but they had didnt create problem such as logical path & file etc.then why this time?because the charectiristics are same for xls & txt files each times.

Thanks for solution but before please reply this question.

Thanking you,

manish.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No it has nothing to do with your files.

It has to do with the load method and the program that is used in step 1 of LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

no logical path specified is due to use of personnelised files.

Remove the path if it is there like C/Mydocuments/Desktop...... etc.

make the fresh file and assign it

regards,

sujit

former_member1150623
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

i had tried but it doesnt working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

copy the same in to different file

former_member1150623
Participant
0 Kudos

ya i had tried that also,but sane the result, now i am creating .txt extension file in notepad, let us see.

Former Member
0 Kudos

generally u have to use notepad only

former_member1150623
Participant
0 Kudos

ya but it were sucessful with excel files 3 times,i had also try with excel & now with the notepad files also,but i am unable to understand where it going wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Refresh it and attach the file again. Do not forget to double click the file while attachung the same.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Prasanna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

create the text file again and assign it again in the lsmw and try it

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just double click the logical file name and SAP will ask you if you want create the path.

former_member1150623
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

what the next? i had tried with excel & notepad files 2 times each but it doesnt works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

is this the case that u have done recording on diff system and doing LSMW on different system ?

then do it from 3rd stage.(check the project extensions also)

instead of doing it from 7th stage onwards,

regards,

sujit

former_member1150623
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

No i am not using the recording function.I am following the all the steps for lsmw serially.I had said it before that it were sucessful before this although the results i got are wrong due to my missunderstanding, but i had not resticed by system at this step.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

depending on the object you use for loading SAP needs a logical file and path or not.

E.g. if you use RM07MMBL for stock movements, then SAP is asking for this info, while it does not ask if you use /SAPDMC/SAP_LSMW_IMPORT_TEXTS