cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost estimate for Material with Deletion flag

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Why system is including materials with deletion flag also in the costing run with CK40N? How to prevent the materials with deletion flag inclusion in costing run?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gobikannan,

Please refer to the information in Note: 156694 "Performance: Costing run" - especially point 6. Also the attached notes offer alot more advice on general performance improvement should you need it.

".........

6. Deletion flag in the material master

The costing attempts to valuate materials which are provided with a deletion flag in the material master if these still exist in bills of material and networks. Taking a long-term view you should consider whether these items can be deleted.

......"

I hope this helps and I wish you all the best in the future.

Kind Regards,

Brendan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brendan,

Thanks for your reply. For your information, the material with deletion flag I am referring is a finished product and it is nowhere used in any BOM or network. Also for the current period system has released a cost estimate through CK40N inspite of deletion flag active.

Regards,

Gobikannan.

former_member740051
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

While performing CK40n, if there is a material with Deletion Flag, which will not be estimated.

Please check one thing..

1. Check the date of Cost estimate

2. Go to Materail master-- Information button( Blue in colour) --> Check the deletion flag set date.

I think, deletion flag would have been set after CK40n.

Hope, it helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijayanand,

I have checked in my system and found that the deletion flag was activated at client level in last period and the cost estimate for the same material is released in current period. Kindly suggest me where is the problem.

Regards,

Gobikannan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about Plant level status (MARC-PSTAT)? What does that say?

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

The field value fpr MARC-PSDAT is VDALQBG. Please let me know the meaning of the same and how it will help to resolve the problem.

Regards,

Gobikannan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry my mistake... I meant MARC-MMSTA

Essentially, I'm looking to see if the Deletion indicator is set at the Plant Level. If that is set, the Costing should ideally throw error CK 354 saying "Material <> in Plant <> has status XX, etc.) or "is marked for deletion at the plant level" and will not allow you to save the costing.

If you don't want that material costed, set the status to "ZZ" - obsolete.

Cheers.