Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidating data of SAP Business One

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I wish to consolidate data within SAP Business One. Now, the scenario here is,

I have 4 subsidiary companies using SAP Business One at each end, also the head office where the data is to be consolidated uses SAP B1. Can I be able to consolidate the subsidiary companies data into head office using SAP MDM?

I have read few articles on SAP MDM which helps consolidating data, but each article suggested to have R3 at the head office end. Is SAP MDM compatible with SAP B1?? Will it help me consolidate data if I have B1 at target end??? If not SAP MDM what other means through which I can use to consolidate data within SAP B1??

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

YatseaLi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP MDM is a Central Master Data Management for different sources(ERP, CRM, SCM etc) for Keep Data Consistence and Data Unification, Improve Data Quarlity. Avoiding incompleted , unconsistent and duplicated master data. Serve as Global and Unique master data source for several IT system. Technical speaking, yes, you can use SAP MDM as your global master data source, while it is too heavy for small business. Your case is Master Data Synchonization. I am queried with this scenario before. I will suggest to have a Central Master Data Sychonizer AddOn in you B1 landscape.

1.Listen the creation, updating, deletion of master data via FormDataAdd,Update Event or SBO_SP or DI Event Service.

thus any change in master in each side will be notified, then save it into XML

2.Import into Head Quarter DB with XML. Either Schedule to run DTW to do so, either do it in your addon.

Kind Regards

-Yatsea

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Magic's iBOLT has an Intercompany Synchronization use case for SAP B1.

www.magicsoftware.com

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Mahendrakumar,

I am not aware that SAP MDM works with SAP Business One. You would need to verify that in the MDM forum as out of the box for SAP Business One there is not a connection to MDM.

What you may consider using is SAP Business One integration for SAP NetWeaver which would allow you to integrate one of more SAP Business One's. You can find more information here on SDN.

You could also consider writing an integration using the SAP Business One SDK or use one of the many third-party add-on integration for SAP Business One.

Eddy