What are the benefits acquired by company,while implementing SAP?
Prasanth Vijayan replied
1. SAPu2019s R/3 is very versatile, as it will operate on different platforms.
2. The R/3 package includes several very attractive features like it has a three-tier client/server system. Providing three tiers offers scalability and easier adaptation to the specific needs of large companies and fast-growing companies.
3. SAPu2019s R/3 is available in different languages (German, English, Spanish, etc.) and also incorporates multiple currency features that provide essential information processing capabilities for multinational corporations.
4. R/3u2019s modules are organized by differnt functional areas like financial, human resources, supply chain management, and marketing.... While information is entered separately for each specific module, the modules are fully-integrated and provide real-time applications. This means that data entered into one module is immediately and automatically updated and reflected in all oft the functional areas.
5. R/3 offers multiple currency features and a three-tier system that is capable of meeting very high demands from the accounting system for either transaction processing or financial reporting.
6. SAP was the first to implement integrated treasury capabilities. This attractive feature allows a corporate treasury department to function as an in-house bank by automating the control of cash flow, investment trades, and portfolio management.
7. R/3 also provides for a "single data entry point" where the data entered from any location is instantly sent to all other appropriate modules in the ERP system.