cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Sample Unit Test Plan templates for SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am in need of some SD unit test plan templates used in any of your implementations.

Pls Help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

As per the confidentiality aggrement between you & your company, you arenot allowed to share such information.

But to help you, we can guide you how to carry out unit testing. As a functional consultant, when you finish you configs / setups, you do a sample test in your domain to see if your configs are working fine.

For eg: You have defined a new sales area, plant & shipping point. You have also defined a new sales order type. Then in unit test, you will take some sample materials & drop a sales order in the sales area that you created to see if plant, shipping point are correctly determined.

If your configs are not correct, system willnot allow you to drop a sales order in that sales area & it will not propose plant & shipping point.

There is no fixed template for this. You can choose your own available sample materials& test with the scenarios which you feel is important for your client.

Regards,.

Sivanand

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Preethi

As already expressed, you are asking the confidential document which nobody would like to share.

However, AS-IS will be prepared by Core team people and your duty is to go through the process in depth.

May be the AS-IS from SD purview, I can list as an example as how it should be

The excel sheet of AS-IS header tabs will have to contain the following header tabs

- Scenario like Exports, Domestic etc,

- Under this scenario, Groups like OE, Aftermarket, Stock Transfer etc.,

- Under this Groups, Process like Business Plan, Scheduling, Preshipment activities, Post shipment activities etc.,

- Finally this process has to be break down into a detailed list of activities.

So you have to go through these process in detail.

As for as testing is concerned, there is no need to check the customer master.

All you have to do is to carry out all standard T.Codes like order creation, create delivery, PGI, Billing and Excise Invoice. Again try to cancel all documents from billing to sale order and ensure that you are able to cancel those documents. Check for the FI implication on the COGS and material cost.

Also while testing, you can also check whether you are able to create one delivery against multiple sale orders and one invoice against multiple deliveries. If not successful, analyse the reason for split, maintain the required datas in masters and retry the process.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have tested the customer master data and T-codes from quotation,order, delivery to billing.I need to know what else i have ignored in the testing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guy,

No body will share with u, bcoz that is confidential for company.However we can just give u an idea of how to to do that.

Unit test is nothing just testing of ur customization which hav been assigned to u in the form of customisation request.mainly done in Realisation phase.

thanks

Mahesh