Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message in an exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i want to give informative message in an exit like for eg. when the exit fires , i should be able to display information like "Error occurred due to", "Solution" etc. how can i do it. Right now i am able to write a single sentence, but if i want to give information to the user regarding the correctin to avoid the exit how can i do it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

If you want an error messge to be issued with detail correction and possible reasons use the below mentioned apporach.

Please maintain the long text for the messaege number in message class.

E.g:

MESSAGE E012(ZMSG) WITH text-001.

GO to message class ZMSG using TCODE SE91 and maintain the long text for message 012.

when you click on the error message a window with the detailed description maintained in the long text will be poped up.

Regards,

Babul.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Define the message text as "Error occured . The solution is " &

Write the message code as follows :

message xnnn with f1

copy the solution part in the variable f1.

regards,

Advait

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first concatenate all message into one variable and pass this variable to message..

for exp..

concatenate "error in material no" itab-matnr "please correct" into v1.

message v1 type 'E'.

rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

If you want an error messge to be issued with detail correction and possible reasons use the below mentioned apporach.

Please maintain the long text for the messaege number in message class.

E.g:

MESSAGE E012(ZMSG) WITH text-001.

GO to message class ZMSG using TCODE SE91 and maintain the long text for message 012.

when you click on the error message a window with the detailed description maintained in the long text will be poped up.

Regards,

Babul.

0 Kudos

When i go to SE91 , i give message class as ZMSG then i giv message no. as 012and then say change, it allows me to enter the description but it also has limitatin of text. I want to write more information in it

0 Kudos

Hi,

check this

[https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=17113643&messageID=5748245]

Rhea.

0 Kudos

In SE91, select the your message and go to Long Text. Make sure the option Self-Explanatory is not active.