"Deviation from Budget" warning problem
I don't understand how budget deviation is calculated.
Here is what I do:
1) I defined a budget for a G/L account in the current fiscal year
2) I have set that budget deviation to be calculated for annual budgets only
3) I create a sales order with one item - the price of the item is $400 and quantity is 1
4) I set a discount for the sales order item - 50% meaning the item will be sold for $200
5) When I press the "Add" button at the bottom of the "Sales Order" form a message pops up warning me that there is a deviation from the defined budget.
That seems OK.
Now I repeat steps from 1 to 3. Step 4 however is different.
4) Instead of defining a discount for the sales order item I define a discount on the whole order - again it is 50%
5) When I press the "Add" button at the bottom of the "Sales Order" form no message box appears and the sales order is created
Why is that? Shouldn't there be a message box like in the previous case?
Any help will be appreciated.
PS: If I skip step 4 and proceed to step 5 a warning message box appears so I don't understand what the overall discount does to budget deviation.
Edited by: Rui Pereira on Dec 4, 2008 12:50 PM
I would suggest you to read the documentation
SAP Business One Forums Team