cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User mapping on FPN

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear experts,

I would loke to enable user mapping from a consumer portal ABC and a producer porta DEF

I already defined FPN, so I see DEF as producer of ABC.

I read from http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/2232900bb93fece10000000a11466f/content.htm

User Mapping in a Federated Portal Network

+In a federated portal network, user mapping can be used to create shortcuts between a user on the consumer and a system defined on a producer portal.+ User mapping cannot be used to map one user on a consumer portal to another user on a producer portalu2014the same user must be defined per individual throughout the network.

So, what is this ?

Have I to define a system on the producer that point to the consumer ?

Could you help me ?

Thanks.

Mario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

The main use of FPN is to share the content b/w portals.

If the user is not same for Cosumer and portals how can they share remote content?

For Example user in Producer portal having UserAdmin rights then he can directly assign Roles to the group of users presented in Consumer portal,this can be achieved only when the Users of consumer and portal are same.

Using Logon Tickets of SSO we can achieve Usermapping between Consumer portal,producer portal.

so for the communication b/w Cosumer and producer you need to setup sso b/w Consumer and producer for exchange of certificates (verify.der) .(called as Setting Up trust b/w consumer and producer)

and then implement logon ticket(sso) between consumer and R/3 and also between producer and R/3.

Regards

sowmya

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

the prerequisite to have a federated portal network is,

both the consumer and the producer must have the same user basis.

also, u have to define the system information like the hostname,

portno etc for the producer object

refer this vedio for more information..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00493703-c36a-2b10-07bc-f2cfe32a...

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but I already have consumer and producer well defined.

Infact from the consumer I see the roles of the producer, etc.

My problem is to understand :"In a federated portal network, user mapping can be used to create shortcuts between a user on the consumer and a system defined on a producer portal."

What is this? Mapping consumer user to a system on the producer ?

thanks.

Mario