cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add masterdata and transactional data simultatiously by means of Blank Row?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm wondering if it is possible to both add / modify masterdata and transactional data by means of input ready query?

More specific: with the option "blank row" i want the users to provide the possiblity to enter a complete new record (new md) for the object 0costcenter...and simultaniously the option to enter transactional data....

Can anybody give me some pointers if it is possible, and if so where i can find useful howto's, function modules etc.

Regards,

Bart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Master data planning = creating new master data is not supported in BI-IP

Regards Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks.

Any know workarounds??

Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

No workaround for webtemplates.

In BExAnalyzer this sometimes works if you simply save the data. But as I said, this is not supported and may not work in future versions. There is no support for this. So you should better consider another proper way to create new masterdata.

Regards Matthias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Was there any work around that you did in your project?

Any response will be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well i'm still in the middle of the process. So nope, not yet used / tried any workaround...

There are pretty much issues we have to consider. So cant help you. If i know more, or found workable solution i'll post it here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

At moment we let go the idea of adding masterdata by means of web application desinger blank row functionality.

Currently we have an application based on query with various characteristics (in rows) and KF (in colums).

We use the blank row option to give users the freedom to select more rapidly the data they want to plan on. They only can select existing masterdata now.

Does anybody know it if is possible to show the filter value of the blank row in hierarchy way? The object the blank row is related to has hierarchy variable and is displayed as hiearchy in the row.

Regards

Bart