cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java based frontend communicate with sap server

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all

i have java based frontend which we want web enable by which anyone can access our some specific data from our sapserver there is two option bapi and xi but how i dont know ,help required

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If ICM is running on your SAP system, you can create webservices from RFC/BAPI, which can be called from 3rd party software.

<a class="jive_macro jive_macro_blogpost" href="" __jive_macro_name="blogpost" modifiedtitle="true" __default_attr="41974"></a>

If you're planning to use more 3rd party interfaces in the future, or if you want to do mappings on your data structures, you might want to consider XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am giving detail ,there is third party product which integrated with sap so now user of partcularly product want to access data of product which containing by sap server so we had developped frontend in java the proble is how we connect with sap and how will we take that application web enable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

If you want to web enable it you have to use BSP's (Business Sever pages) this can talk to the ABAP stack over the http protocol. Xi is not required here at all.

And, please post this in the ABAP development forum, which will be helpful.

- Regards, Dibya