Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Sender java.lang.NullPointerException

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently develop a file to file transfer appl. I am facing a problem on my file sender will the error Could not process due to error: java.lang.NullPointerException. This error happen at the sender adapter engine communication channel monitoring.

Hope for help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change the test file permission to 777 or change the file user permission to all to get the permision to delete the file

Thanks

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check ur FTP server is currently working or not and check username & pwd of the FTP server.

Regards,

Sateesh.N

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check weather other scenario and communication channel working fine?

Edited by: Dharamveer Gaur on Oct 6, 2008 11:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the FCC parameters if used in CC.

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply. May i know what is fcc and cc?? Sorry i am new in XI.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

FCC -

> File content conversion

CC ---> Communication Channel

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all reply. All the setting was done refer to the blog https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/flat%2bfile%2bto%2bflat%2bfile which i think detail enough. Anyone have an idea for this null pointer error??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

There could be several reasons of null pointer.

So you are using FCC in your CC as per this link. Tell me in which source directory you are putting your file. It should be in XI server directory whch you can see by transaction code AL11.

Can you confirm that the sourc file is on XI server directory and you can see it by AL11?

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply. The nullpointer problem was solve after i change the source directory to others. Now there is another problem Could not delete file 'C:\XI_FILES\SENDER\xi_output.txt' after processing. Any idea ??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The path in File Adapter should be like \XI_FILES\SENDER under Source Directory

and the file name should be xi_output.txt

make sure the file name is exactly same in the source dir in XI server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Change the test file permission to 777, XI was able to pick up and delete the file, or change the file user permission to all.

Thanks ,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Please check the mandatory fields for the file sender. This error mostly arrives due to incorrect configuration of fields.

Are you using wildcard in place of filename.. this can also be a potential reason

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also make sure to fill in all mandatory fields present in the sender communication channel.

Do let us know the trace or audit log on the error.

Regards

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually Nullpointer exception comes when u acess an object

that object refers null or jvm send garbage collect request for that object. Pls refer the below links you will fine error no and search in sap notes regarding discription

http://nilkanthk.googlepages.com/XIQuestions.pdf

http://www.english.bcc.com.pl/index.php?s=504&p=2

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a04e59be-f51f-2a10-829b-dd3e5a35...

Regards

Krish

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your Adapter Engine,communcation channel in RWB.

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for reply. I found the nullpoiter Exception from Adapter Engine communcation channel in RWB.

Cluster Node Details for Channel cc_flatfile_sender

Status

Inactive

Administration Error

Processing Errors

Cluster Node ID

Short Log

In the Last 20 Seconds Server 0 4_82650 Communication channel is correctly configured and started

Line 1 / 1

Processing Details for Cluster Node Server 0 4_82650

Type

Time Stamp

Message ID

Explanation

10/6/08 11:25:38 AM Could not process due to error: java.lang.NullPointerException

10/6/08 11:25:38 AM Processing started

10/6/08 11:24:38 AM Could not process due to error: java.lang.NullPointerException

10/6/08 11:24:38 AM Processing started

10/6/08 11:23:38 AM Could not process due to error: java.lang.NullPointerException

10/6/08 11:23:38 AM Processing started

10/6/08 11:22:38 AM Could not process due to error: java.lang.NullPointerException

10/6/08 11:22:38 AM Processing started

10/6/08 11:21:38 AM Could not process due to error: java.lang.NullPointerException

10/6/08 11:21:38 AM Processing started