Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Release Add a Note for each level

former_member184112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How we can add a note box when ever Approver needs it(Optional). It should open along with realse strategy and send the same remarks pass to the next approvers at the time of release PO.

WS20000075: Template

BUS2012: Bo

SingleRelease: method

Thanks and Regards,

Prabhakar Dharmala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can use the FM SAP_WAPI_ATTACHMENT_ADD to add a note to the workitem after someone have approved the request. WI ID is the input to the FM

The workitem will have an attachment of type SOFM added to its attachement list and just do a reverse binding from workitem to the workflow for the attachement containers.

This should solve your problem since this attachment is available to all the other agents who ever gets any task after this step.

All other task created after this step should have an input binding the attachment container.

U can even add the attachment in any send email step to display the reason to any other agent.

Thanks,

Charan

former_member184112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not possible using this FM @ PO Release time in TS20000166, even if you make it customize also not possible to do this. I need this Note parallely should open along with ME29N.

former_member184112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using Module Pool created a Screen as per client required..

Convert into a Tcode and called this in a Method and used this Method as Secondary Method @ TS20000166.

Thanks and Regards,

Prabhakar Dharmala

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you can go with Charan's suggestion any ways the document attached will be always stored in the transaction hence it will not be Workflow instance specific documents.

Try to search the attachment from Generic Object Services button.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakaran,

The solution I told you would work perfectly.

As you wanted the first approver can add a note and the second approver can see the first approvers note. The second approver can add his own new note and these two will be passed on the third approver.

These notes will remain in the workflow as a attachment list and will be available in each of the later steps.

All you have to do is builld a custom name for each attachment which can be given as the input to the FM along with the content.

Let me know.

Thanks ,

Charan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you'll had to open the enhancement "Customer data" in the purchase order header and/or implement the functionality using various header-text options, including the BADI to "Check before post" and "post".

However you'll need to heavily extend your functionality within the SAP enjoy-Transaction ME29N for a full integration.

A second solution could be a separate workflow step to create an attachment. This could be done after the approval. If you're using the standard task, it will be completed by an event (asynchronously), so it will not show the dialog-popup right after executing the approval.

Mayhaps someone else come up with other nice ideas.

Best wishes,

Florin

former_member193382
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can use BO : SOFM and method : COMPOSE in your workflow task to comments.

I think this could be quite help in case if the approver wants to seek clarification for a PO and the initiator can reply to that mail with clarification asked by the approver.

Hope this works for you.

Regards,

Raj

former_member184112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, But my requirement is,

R1 Approver will enter a note and then Release PO,

R2 Approver should not edit the R1's note but also R2 may enter some comments in seperately in the same note which is already used R1's note. That means here the same note should be displayed in all leavel approvers but previous approver note should not change the next approvers.

How to do this?

Thanks and Regards,

Prabhakar Dharmala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

there's no standard solution within the SAP Workflow system, which you could use for your needs. I'd suggest to implement this within a custom subscreen of the enhancement for the purchase order header.

Best wishes,

Florin

former_member184112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
including the BADI to "Check before post" and "post".
However you'll need to heavily extend your functionality within the SAP enjoy-Transaction ME29N for a full integration.

Without using BADI, Only through Workflow Note.

I tried with FM CATSXT_SIMPLE_TEXT_EDITOR. Copied BUS2012 as ZBUS2012 and add a method NOTE using this FM,

Yes it is working when I use this in Secondary method call. @ ME29N popup note is coming up.

Still working on this as my requirement.

Thanks and Regards,

Prabhakar Dharmala