cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do we create material master of capital goods, and does we include assests under capital goods.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

yes we maintain the material master for the capital goods...And it may be for A (assets), C (consumables), or T (tools).

Hope it helps...

Regards

Priyanka.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

ms priyanka,

under which material type it is maintained,

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please forward me the full process of configuration of material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot sujoy sir,it is very helpful answer for me,

please suggest me which material type for assest will be preferred.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear shrikanth

You can create material with material type ASST-Assets. Once you create material for that material you have to create Asset master with transaction code AS01. when you create purchase order for that perticular material then you can assign that asset number for that material.

Regards

M P D Kamath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply

I want to know if we are considering assests under capital , are we considering files,papers which is office use material under assests which are non valuated material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shrikant,

Material like paper, files, pen etc comes under consumables not our regular materials.

Also the above mentioned materials are not assets but they are office supplies..

Assets are those materials which are procured by an company which have long life attached to it and generally huge investments are required for the assets.

As far as material master is concerned you need to create material master record for bothe assets as well as office supplies.

Futher more it is upto the client if they want an master record for the assets, you may suggest them that it will ease them when drawing an management report becuase all the data needed will b readily avl with the system.

You can create your own material type for such materials by copying from an existing one in OMS2.

And to add more assets are not kept in the storagel locations as they comes under nonn stocked goods, but involved huge cost attached to it, on which depreciation is charged at every year end.

Hope it hepls

Regards

Sujoy

former_member529134
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In most of the cases, we will create the material as capital goods and will give it as asset in material master. The need for giving asset in master is that you can avail only partial cenvat credit for asset purchase in the same fiscal year.

Regards