Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC error handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus !

i have created RFC and that rfc is called in dotnet application. but when i pass data to dotnet system. how to track that my data is passed successfully.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Firstly, check two system exceptions: system_failure and communication_failure when you call remote enabled function module.

Edited by: Marat on Oct 6, 2008 3:31 PM

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you add RETURN table in your RFC. You can populate the return table with success message to track it in Dot Net.

Regards,

Rudra

former_member589029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Rudra already stated this is usually checked on the dotnet side which is requesting the data. If you would like to be able to track a successful passing of data to the dotnet application they would need to call another RFC and send back a confirmation that they received the data.

You can go more and more complex from there depending on your requirements - e.g. when you send infos to dotnet you could store what you have sent and dotnet sends the information they received from you back and you can compare what they sent and waht you stored.

Or just a number of records back from dotnet. Again it all depends on the requirements on how detailed you need the tracking to be.

Hope that helps,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Firstly, check two system exceptions: system_failure and communication_failure when you call remote enabled function module.

Edited by: Marat on Oct 6, 2008 3:31 PM

0 Kudos

thnx Marat for ur answer.