cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to post MIGO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

User is not able to post MIGO as an info displays in status bar " this p.o does not contain any item ".

as user had made a p.o in whihc he had given the qty as 1 EA & also Acttt assign. cat is given.pl help that why this error is coming .

sap11

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx to all

sap11

former_member529134
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Working with vendor confirmations is deeply explained in SAP Help

In Materials Management-Purchasing-Vendor confirmation.

Hope this will help

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Either all quantity is received or u have marked deletion flag for that line item.

Check it.

Regards,

Satpal

Former Member
0 Kudos

No any qty is rcvdf, as i checked in P.O item detail tab for " Pur. order history tab.

sap11

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please Ensure the Following :

Po Document is Not Subject to Release Strategy.

Gr Doesnot made

Check the Confirmation Key in Purchase Order Item Detail Cnfirmation tab. Remove and Try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

P.O is made on 30.09.2008, but in delv date coulmn the date is 21.07.2008 will this different date will affect the MIGO Process.

sap11

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> P.O is made on 30.09.2008, but in delv date coulmn the date is 21.07.2008

How System will accept the Delivery date Prior to Po date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

but here it is accepted & during P.o creation no error came for this prior delv date.

pl guide what else to check.

sap11

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No GR Exist for Purchase Order Item then Change the Delivery Date to GR Date or Further Date and Try to Post GR. Now System will accept.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx for prompt reply

see in P.O user had given mat code & also the acct assign catog. so i need to know that in this case mat code & acct assign catog both are given so i think that to post the expenses only one thing should be there either mat code OR only acct assign catog . pl reply.

sap11

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are Creating the Purchase Order Wither Material Code to be Inputted or Short Text.

You Can create the Purchase Order with Material Code with Account assignment Category which is Called Direct Procurement.

In this Case Once you do Goods Receipt for Materials it will Not update stock and Consume Immediately.

Here Only Consumption Postings will be Done.

If this Thread is Answered, Award and Please Close

Former Member
0 Kudos

no it is ot awnsered yet as till now the user is not able to post MIGO.i also want to tell u that earlier user had made a Import P.O for this Mat code , then he had deleted this P.O & again created an Non CG indiginous P.O for this mat , so as i looked in P.R , here in status tab both P.O number are displayed , so is this old deleted P.O is creating problem in MIGO posting.

sap11

Former Member
0 Kudos

in item tab in P.O in confirmation tab user had selected confimation , but no any detail are maintainin confirmation, can u pl tell me tnhat when in which situation this confirmaion is selected, as i had similated in dev server i had removed this confirmation from P.O , so now Sysetm is allowing to do MIGO.

Pl guide what is the imp of confirmation.

sap11

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vendor Confirmations

In procurement, it is quite normal that once a purchaser sends a Purchase Order to Vendor then he needs a response from vendor expecting some of the information as follows:

Receipt of purchase order by vendor

Acceptance of all the terms and conditions mentioned in purchase order by vendor

Expected date of delivery the goods

Expected date of goods dispatched from the vendor end

Transport confirmation and the shipping notification

And many more

So vendor confirmation is nothing but dispatching of this information to the recipient about the status of the purchase order. Once he has received this then there is a requirement of updating the respective purchase order.

This updating helps the planner to plan the materials more precisely because between the purchase order and planned delivery date, more reliable information has become available.

In Standard SAP, the term "confirmation" (short for "vendor confirmation") has been defined as an umbrella term for various types of information provided by a vendor to a customer, including order acknowledgments, loading or transport confirmations and shipping notifications.

For updating this information in PO, the consultant has to make the following setting in SPRO under the node Set up Confirmation Control:

To define confirmation categories, choose External Confirmation Categories or Internal Confirmation Categories

To define confirmation control keys, choose Confirmation Control Keys

To define the confirmation sequence, choose Confirmation Sequence

Once these settings have been done in SPRO, we have to assign the confirmation control key at item level in the purchase order under the tab page Confirmation. If we are not assigning this we may face error while creating inbound delivery on receipt of shipping notification. Apart from this, reference document for goods receipt will also be decided on these settings.

If there are more than one confirmation categories, then for all confirmation categories, consultant can also specify whether they are for information only or whether they are to constitute a basis for goods receiving and materials planning activities.

Hope this will help you in Understanding Confirmations.

former_member529134
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Make sure that the movement type at the MIGO header is 101.

Also check whether the plant given at header is the one for which the PO was created.Better remove that plant and then enter the PO number.

Hope it helps

Regards