cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attachments

pbechani
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there a way in Web Dynpro ABAP to add attachments to an interactive form in code. When I use the if_fp_pdf_object - set_attachments method, the attachments don't become visible when I display the form

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prince,

Check this blog:-

[Demystifying Attachments in PDF in WD Abap Application Part II|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/10864] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Chintan

pbechani
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan

Thank you for your response. I have already gone through that blog. It only displays attachments already attached to the form in some other interface. I am trying to attach files to the interactive form and have them appear in the interactive form on the attachments tab. This I have to do in code. I can bind the attachments to the pdfsource xstring context attribute, but they are not getting listed in the form.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

As far as i konw it's not possible yet to add attachment in the PDF inside a WD4A because in the attributes of the UI there's no way to specified attachement ....

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's possible to add attachemts to a form in your Web Dynpro ABAP application, see documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2ru/helpdata/en/df/fbcc3aa8cd4e8d9e0e9a226985687c/frameset.htm

Attachments are officially supported as from SAP NetWeaver 7 EhP2 (7.02)

Ralf

hobin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe the form is initially downloaded using a program . If that is the case while using the FM FP_JOB_OPEN we are passing the parameter of type sfpoutputparams. Here specify the filed sfpoutputparams-PDFCHANGESRESTRICTED = 'N'. If the form is loaded and saved later using an Abap webdynpro, then attachment option is always enabled.

To get and set attachments in WDA, access dynamically the UI element of Adobe forms.

Use cl_wd_interactive_forms to access the UI element.

Then use handler IF_WD_IACTIVE_FORM_METHOD_HNDL. here we can use set_attachments method.

I hope ADS is configured with proper credentials as well other wise these options wont be there .

Thanks and regards,

Hobs.

Edited by: hobin thomas on Oct 29, 2010 7:51 AM