cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple customer info record, one SAP record. Is it possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey gurus!

We are using the customer info record (VD51) to create a link between the customers' codes and our SAP codes. Now, we are encountering with a situation that some of the customers are using several codes, not just one. For instance,

customer code -> SAP code

productA -> AAAAA

product A -> AAAAA

productB -> BBBBB

product B -> BBBBB

productBb -> BBBBB

I tried to save the record something like above, but the system says it is not acceptable. Is there any way to make something like above happen?

Also, is there any way to set those values up by customer hierarchy? Or, do some sort of mass setup. (Currently, we are setting the values up customer by customer...)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In normal circumstances, if the suppliers part code is same for multiple manufacturers' code, you can maintain as you mentioned and system will accept. Even if you prefix or suffix a dot to the customer code, system will accept.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the error that you are getting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Well, it is actually a warning, not an error.

It is saying something like that the "for item XXXX, the customer material info is already registered and being imported." After this warning, it overwrites what I try to set. So, looks like the system only accepts one combination for one customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you ever get an answer to your questions. I face the same problem....

Regards,