cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public holidays Vs Leave types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

The situation is ;the client wants his public holidays to be considered as a leave type.

i e if it is dusshera and is falling on the 9th of october it shud be shown as a public holiday at the same time as the firm works 24/7 this should be shown as a statutary leave and the employee shud be given the quota of all the holidays put to gether. in this case it is 14 days. the leaves should get accrued to the quota only after the date is passed ( ie if the employee has 8 days as accrued statutory leave till the 8th of cot after 9th of october it shud be 9 days )Hopei am clear with the question. How do i configure these in the system.

kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The situation is ;the client wants his public holidays to be considered as a leave type.

i think this is not necessary to create public holiday as leave type.

If you create it as leave type it is again you doing work manually there is no need of automization.

Please be clear about your business process and what is client requirement

I belive you can handle all these things by Configuring DWS PWS, Work Schedule Rules Holiday calender etc

Please clear about your problem with an example

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response

Let me explain the situation

A) the client has leave type as annual leave that is 32 days per anum

b) the annual leave is the combination of Paid leave ie 24 days and Statutory leave ie 8 days

(this combo varies from one gulf country to other.. for eg KSA has 32 days ie 24+8

bahrain has 2414. oman has 2410 and kuwait has 24+12

the paid leave is the same for all countries but the stat leave is different.

the client has his presence in all these countries mentioned.

all these days they are clubbing the leaves and calling it annual leave 32 days for ksa for eg.

now that they want to split these leaves they would like us to show them under two separate headings

i have taken the leave types and could show that

but the client wants the stat leave to accrue to the leave type as and when that occurs

for eg 22 sep is the saudi national day and that is a statutory leave

if the employee takes the leave it is fine if he doesnot then the leave should get accumulated to the leave types

ie if there are 5leaves in the stat leave then 22nd sep shud be added and shud become 6 leaves

the holidays are maintained in the holiday calender and is mandatory.

now the confusion as to how we can club the holiday calender to the leave type starts

hope i am clear with the question..