cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account assignment derivation ME21N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a small issue with account assignment derivation in ME21N. Story is like this:

- Cost center CC1 is assigned to profit center PC1 until 31-12-2008

- Cost center CC1 changes assignment to profit center PC2 starting with 01-01-2009

- PO for AA category "K" will be entered on 20th of December for example. The account assignment on PO will be CC1 deriving automatically PC1.

- GR will be entered on 10th of January 2009. However, at this point the GR (which creates the actual expenditure in FI) posts to PC1 instead of PC2.

How can we solve this problem so that if the GR is posted in new validity period for the assigned CC the profit center will change according to the new settings?

thanks,

Tudor.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tudor,

From the financial point of view, I'm not sure there is a problem here. If your commitment (PO) was done on profit centre X, it's only natural that the cost which was implied by that commitment will be posted on the same profit centre. For the new POs you will have everything posted on PCtr Y. However, you can always post an internal PCA document (9KE0) to achieve what you want.

Regards,

Eli

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

goto cost centre master data, go to timedependent tab, there you can change of analysis period, it may sortout your problem,

regards