cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM copying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to create a SO by copying another SO type.

And when i try to create a new SO by copying a saved SO, i get this message "Item (xxx) is a component of a bill of material so cannot be copied"

The material is an assortment material. The header data has got copied, but some data in the item has not got copied to the new SO.

(this is line item xxx)

In SO to SO copy control, for the line item copy control i enabled "Reexplode structure / free goods"

This was enabled only for the header material line item and not the component material line item.

Diagnosis of message

Item 000020 of document 57104 is a component of a bill of material that, according to Customizing, needs to be re-exploded. Therefore, the system does not copy it.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the item category of line item 00020 that is flowing into sale order with what is maintained in material master. I think it has been changed in material master and hence the issue.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

thank you for your feedback.

The item category of so line item 00020 and the item category group of material master is different.

In the material master, GenItemCatGroup ( Basic data 1 tab) , Gen. item cat. grp (Sales: Sales Org 2 tab), Item category group(Sales: Sales Org 2 tab) all are NORM.

But the SO line item category is not NORM.

But does the item category group in the material master have any effect on this?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kase

In normal circumstances, this wont create any problem but it seems you are referencing another order in which for that material, the item category would have been different, say ERLA or LUMF etc., Directly if you create a sale order without referencing, you will not face this issue.

Please check that and confirm my understanding is correct.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thank you for the feedback.

i checked, its the same item category.

I did some changes in SO copy control.

In the BOM header line item copy control, and now the data is copying correctly.

Thanks for the feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me whar changes you made?

I am experiencing the same problem now!

Thanks

Jonny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Plz check out the master data of material.

Check out CS02

Check out setting there at VOV8 at BOM levbel u hav to expode the configutation part besides Copy control wht u have discussed/.

thanks

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for the feedback.

But can you be more specific about the changes that you have suggested.

In CS02 what do you suggest to check?

And in VOV8, for the relevant sales order type what settings do you want to be changed?

Thanks in advance