cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Inspection lot after UD ICCO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where in I need to change the Inspection lot (specifically short text for inspection lot for capturing additional data) to be changed after UD ICCO status.

Is it possible ?

Regards

JMG

Edited by: Jomy George on Oct 6, 2008 4:16 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jomy,

If it is just the usage decision that needs correction you can change this using transaction QA12. If it is more detailed and on an operational level within results recording then mark the operation as long term inspection in the master inspection characteristics, this will allow you to capture information even though the usage decision has been entered

former_member608385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jomy,

Can you explain that what is your exact requirement is ??? i feel that you want to add some sort of Text or Comment related to your Inspection in Your Inspection Lot Short text and that can be written in the UD Long text also which can be further captured on reports printout with the help of ABAPer.

Please revert with the comments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement was to add some data in Insp lot short text so that it is displayed in the std listing txn QA33. Long text in UD is an option, but it needs a customized report.

I tried with Long term inspection, but the data is not for characteristics but for entire lot, as it is the certificate number being printed the Inspection lot (10) with delivery.

Thnks for the replies.

Rgds

Edited by: Jomy George on Oct 9, 2008 11:22 AM

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting. Can I ask why they need the certificate number in the inspection lot? The COA is usually sent via the delivery and for reprints is regenerated via the delivery. The delivery and the inspection lot type 10 are directly linked and the delivery number is in the lot information.

Where are you getting the certificate number from? I wasn't really aware of an assigned number unless your referring to some internal object number used for archiving the cert to optical storage.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

A requirement from client to have their own running number format for certificate.

Delivery no. or Inspection lot no. is not acceptable.

I intend to pull this no. for the certificate form.

Thanks for all the replies.

Rgds

former_member608385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jomy,

Thanks for clarification about your requirement. You may do it in many ways but the requirement of an ABABer is must to develop the report.

- You can write the Certificate no in UD Long text field and that can be fatched on report thru ABAPer help. (Advantage is here that if due to any unseen reason the certificate no. needs to be changed then you can do it very easily thru T-Code QA12 (CHANGE UD).

- You can make a MIC for it and then add it to your inspection plan so that every time when you record the results you have to enter the Certificate no. too. But you can not change it after the UD has given.

- If your Sales department are generating the Sales Orders then in Sales Order You maintain it in 'Customer Material Number' Field and then ABAPer can fatch it on report for you.

Please revert with findings.

Thanks

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest Atul's suggestion of using a mic to record the certificate number. You can record the number after the UD if you make this one MIC a Long-term characteristic.

Can I ask where you intend to maintain and keep the certificate number? Is this going to be a custom Z table?

How are you going to link the particular cert to the number? I.e. when you generate the cert, how and what are you going to store to know you can get the same cert?

Craig

former_member608385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Ooooooooooppppps.... Thanks for correcting me Yes of cource Long Term MIC is an option.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for all valuable suggestions.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

once UD is done there is no option to enter any data.

-ashok