cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing automated SAP service in BPM CE 7.1.1 (EHP1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I've succesfully installed CE EHP1 and started developing. First I started with a Java WD and incorporated it into a BPM process. This works fine.

Secondly I added a SAP webservice with I created on our own SAP ECC 6 system. I simply generated a webservice and WSDL from a function module. I published this WSDL in the Service Registry. When I test this published service I works, I get the logon credentials and the service is executed. When I create an automated activity in a BPM process for this service (I select it from the service registry), a new service group is created and everything seems fine. When I test the process, the automated activity is not executed.

I'am quiete sure the problem is caused by logging on to the backend system. At this point I've tried several settings..

Basically my question is: How at runtime is the endpoint and logon credentials determined?

I would asume the system defined in the SR for the service is used (there no logon credentials are available yet) and for actual logging on, the credentials are retreived from the desination template, or from the provider system (NWA)?.

Thanks a lot!

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ch_loos
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

the endpoint URL and credentials are taken from the provider system that is assigned to the service group.

Go to SOA Management - Application and Scenario Communication - Application Communication to check to which provider system your service group is assigned.

The systems themselves are configured in SOA Management - Technical Conf. - System Connections.

Cheers,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I'm struggling with the same issue, I have defined a system but how do I assign the system to a service group? / where do I maintain service groups?

Thanks,

Shachar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks a lot for your replay. You pushed me in the right direction!

I was not able to link the service group to the provider system in:

NWA-Soa management-Application and scenario communication-Application communication. For some reason my own developed projects show errors there. But in:

NWA-Soa management-Application and scenario communication-Business Sceanrio Communication it is possible.

Thanks for your help!