Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am getting an error message for an outbound idoc for vendor master. The error is: 'No global company code is assigned to the company code'. The IDOC basic type used is CREMAS05.

What can be the reason for this error?

Also, few other questions:

My first question is:

Is it necessary to assign a global company code to a company code for vendor master to work either in outbound or inbound?

Secondly,

When I checked the partner profile and the process code for the outbound idoc, I could find no outbound process code assigned to the message type CREMAS though there is a process code aasigned to the inbound idoc. Will there be a process code assigned to an outbound idoc? If yes, how will I find it?

Thirdly,

When I checked the segent types of the IDOC, I found there is a segment (E1LFBWM) which contains the field for global company code data.But the idoc which has been created, in that the above segment is not added. i.e. there is no segment to store values for global company code data. Should the above segment be added to remove the error?

Regards,

Sangeeta.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please have your Functional Team do the Customization part so that the Configuration is Complete with respect to the Org Structure. After that you should be able to post the IDoc Successfully.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Answer to your first question is Yes. you have to maintain it for Outbound as well as Inbound Vendor master via ALE. To maintain this you need to go to SPRO>SAP Netweaver>Application Server>Idoc Interface/Application Link Enabling(ALE)>Modelling and implementing Business Processes>Global Organizational Unit>Cross-Systemn Company Code-->Assign Company Code to Cross-System Company Code.

Answer : Question 2 : You do not need process code attached to your partner profile since it is a master data. But you do need to have distribution model ( BD64 ) along with partner profile if you are relying on SAP standard outbound function module.

Answer Question 3 : No it is not necessary to add segment E1LFBWM to generate the idoc successfully.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rudra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sangita,

First ask ur functional people to assign the company code.

i think for outbound side it is not mandatory for inbound side it is mandatory. thats why it is showing some 51 status code.

With Regards,

Narasimha Rao.N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please have your Functional Team do the Customization part so that the Configuration is Complete with respect to the Org Structure. After that you should be able to post the IDoc Successfully.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sangeetha,

Global company code is mandatory, because you are exchanging master data between 2 different servers, the company codes may not be same in both servers, so we map the local company code to the global company code in the sender system and in the receiver the global company code will be remapped to its local company code.

Process code is not mandatory for the outbound interfaces in the partner profiles, but where as it is mandatory for the inbound interfaces. I can create an IDOC as i wish ie like with the help of a report program also i can create a idoc.

The segments in the IDOC will be populated and created only when the corresponding data in the document is available, there is no global company code maintained in your system that's the reason that segment is not populated and you have received the error No global company code is assigned to the company code.

I hope I have answered all your questions.

Thanks,

Mahesh.