cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Key in Resource Default Value-s tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

I wonder why we need to specify the Control Key in Resource's Default Values tab?

If I understand correctly it should be taken into account in the Master Recipe Operations/phase, but my feeling is that the value is not passing through the Recipe (because we need to maintain that value again there).

Or I am wrong and it has another usage?

Thanks in advance,

Artashes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In resource there is control key assigned. If you put tick mark in ref id control key will assigned to Master recipe, and we can not change.

Regards,

Dharma

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for replies.

I understood, that when we enable the RefID tick, the control key value is really passing to the master recipe! This part of question is closed.

But is there any essence in defining the control key in the resource and not enabling the RefID tick?

Thanks,

Artashes

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

The control key you enter here is referenced or copied to the corresponding operations, phases and secondary resources of the master recipe.

In the master recipe when creating operations and phases as well as when allocating secondary resources:

If you have not maintained a default control key in the resource, you must now enter a control key in the master recipe.

In the process order when maintaining operations, phases and secondary resources:

When you create a process order, the system copies the control keys you have maintained in the master recipe to the order. They can still be changed in the order if there is no reference to the resource.

Hope clears to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

In resource the Name default values mean it.

the values like control key, if you maintain here, then when you crate a recipe operation with this work centre,

then the control key maintained in the work center will copy automatically as default value.

-ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Control Keys

Determines which business transactions should be executed for the object that belongs to the task list or order (for example scheduling or costing).

A control key uses the following keys and indicators to determine how an operation or a sub-operation is to be processed in a task list. Examples of such keys and indictors are:

Scheduling :If you set this indicator, the system carries out scheduling for an operation or it determines the earliest or latest dates for a sub-operation. If you do not set this indicator, the system does not schedule the operation or sub-operation, the system automatically sets the duration to zero.

Capacity planning: If you set this indicator, the system creates capacity requirement records for the operation or sub-operation. If you set this indicator for a control key, you must also set the scheduling indicator.

The system only creates capacity requirements if you have set the capacity planning indicator and maintained the corresponding formulas.

Costing indicator: Use this indicator to specify whether the operation or the sub-operation should be costed.

Confirmation: Use this indicator to specify whether and how the operation or sub-operation should be confirmed.

Time tickets: Use this indicator to specify that time tickets are printed for the operation or sub-operation.

Print operation: Use this indicator to specify that shop papers are printed for the operation or sub-operation.

External processing: Use this indicator to specify that the operation or sub-operation is to be performed by a third party. In this case, a purchase requisition is generated during order creation.

The control key is defined in Customizing for the Work center or for the Routing.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Regards,

Tejas